Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Wireless Networks Not Found

Wireless Networks Not Found

=?Utf-8?B?QmlnTW8=?=

My laptop will not recognize (and obviously therefore connect) to my (or any
other) wireless connection. Usually when I click on the Wireless Network
Connections icon on the bottom right of the screen, it shows me my modem, my
neighbors, and a host of other wireless connections, but today they all
disappeared and I can only connect to the net if I plug my laptop into my
modem like right now.

The error message says to make sure my wireless switch is turned on???huh?

Anyone had this problem before and know how to fix it? Thanks!

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
Many Laptops have a physical switch (or one of the Keyboard Function
options) that physically connects, and or disconnects the Wireless Card.
Might be that it was switched off by mistake (Read the Laptop manual).
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"BigMo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> My laptop will not recognize (and obviously therefore connect) to my (or
> any
> other) wireless connection. Usually when I click on the Wireless Network
> Connections icon on the bottom right of the screen, it shows me my modem,
> my
> neighbors, and a host of other wireless connections, but today they all
> disappeared and I can only connect to the net if I plug my laptop into my
> modem like right now.
>
> The error message says to make sure my wireless switch is turned on???huh?
>
> Anyone had this problem before and know how to fix it? Thanks!

=?Utf-8?B?QmlnTW8=?=

That was it! Thanks Jack