Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > General Computer Support > Every program encounters a problem.

Every program encounters a problem.

xtasy8 xtasy8 is offline
Junior Member

Greeting. I have just register to this forum moments ago and I have this problem keep popping up and it's driving me crazy. Every program or anything I close I received this message: "Program Name" has encountered a problem and needs to be close. It is really frustrating for me to find a solution for it. Here's a picture of something I closed and it popped up:

Help will be appreciated!!
Thank you.

Also if I posted on wrong forum please move it.

unholy unholy is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia

Step 1: Save all your data to a seperate drive or device
Step 2: Whip out ur Win XP Cd
Step 3: Format
Step 4: Install Windows Again

Thats about the easiest way to fix it

xtasy8 xtasy8 is offline
Junior Member

Yeah... I am thinking of reformatting this weekend too. Guess I'll do it tomorrow. This problem is so disturbing.

JimmyD JimmyD is offline
Junior Member

Try re-registering all the explorer DLL files.

http://www.mcse.ms/archive54-2004-7-907167.html

Use notepad to create a file called IEREG.BAT.

Copy and paste the text below into the file.
Save the file to the Windows\System32 folder and run it
Click - START > RUN > IEREG.BAT

=============================
-
regsvr32 comcat.dll /s
regsvr32 shdoc401.dll /s
regsvr32 shdoc401.dll /i /s
regsvr32 asctrls.ocx /s
regsvr32 oleaut32.dll /s
regsvr32 shdocvw.dll /I /s
regsvr32 shdocvw.dll /s
regsvr32 browseui.dll /s
regsvr32 browseui.dll /I /s
regsvr32 msrating.dll /s
regsvr32 mlang.dll /s
regsvr32 hlink.dll /s
regsvr32 mshtmled.dll /s
regsvr32 urlmon.dll /s
regsvr32 plugin.ocx /s
regsvr32 sendmail.dll /s
regsvr32 scrobj.dll /s
regsvr32 mmefxe.ocx /s
regsvr32 corpol.dll /s
regsvr32 jscript.dll /s
regsvr32 msxml.dll /s
regsvr32 imgutil.dll /s
regsvr32 thumbvw.dll /s
regsvr32 cryptext.dll /s
regsvr32 rsabase.dll /s
regsvr32 inseng.dll /s
regsvr32 iesetup.dll /i /s
regsvr32 cryptdlg.dll /s
regsvr32 actxprxy.dll /s
regsvr32 dispex.dll /s
regsvr32 occache.dll /s
regsvr32 occache.dll /i /s
regsvr32 iepeers.dll /s
regsvr32 urlmon.dll /i /s
regsvr32 cdfview.dll /s
regsvr32 webcheck.dll /s
regsvr32 mobsync.dll /s
regsvr32 pngfilt.dll /s
regsvr32 licmgr10.dll /s
regsvr32 icmfilter.dll /s
regsvr32 hhctrl.ocx /s
regsvr32 inetcfg.dll /s
regsvr32 tdc.ocx /s
regsvr32 MSR2C.DLL /s
regsvr32 msident.dll /s
regsvr32 msieftp.dll /s
regsvr32 xmsconf.ocx /s
regsvr32 ils.dll /s
regsvr32 msoeacct.dll /s
regsvr32 inetcomm.dll /s
regsvr32 msdxm.ocx /s
regsvr32 dxmasf.dll /s
regsvr32 l3codecx.ax /s
regsvr32 acelpdec.ax /s
regsvr32 mpg4ds32.ax /s
regsvr32 voxmsdec.ax /s
regsvr32 danim.dll /s
regsvr32 Daxctle.ocx /s
regsvr32 lmrt.dll /s
regsvr32 datime.dll /s
regsvr32 dxtrans.dll /s
regsvr32 dxtmsft.dll /s
regsvr32 WEBPOST.DLL /s
regsvr32 WPWIZDLL.DLL /s
regsvr32 POSTWPP.DLL /s
regsvr32 CRSWPP.DLL /s
regsvr32 FTPWPP.DLL /s
regsvr32 FPWPP.DLL /s
regsvr32 wshom.ocx /s
regsvr32 wshext.dll /s
regsvr32 vbscript.dll /s
regsvr32 scrrun.dll mstinit.exe /setup /s
regsvr32 msnsspc.dll /SspcCreateSspiReg /s
regsvr32 msapsspc.dll /SspcCreateSspiReg /s
exit

xtasy8 xtasy8 is offline
Junior Member

I tried that Jimmy but the problem still occuring. After about 15 minutes of finding a solution to this and restarting for about 7 times just ended up the same. So I finally decided to reformat last night and now the problem is gone. Thanks for the support guys, I appreciate your time.