Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > XdmHelpers:662 ; Timing Spec. warning during map

XdmHelpers:662 ; Timing Spec. warning during map

vu_5421

Hello all,

I am currently running Synplify Pro w/ Xilinx 8.1 ISE for P&R.

During mapping I get the following warning:

Checking timing specifications ...
WARNING:XdmHelpers:662 - Period specification "TS_FPGA_CLK" references
the TNM
group "FPGA_CLK", which contains both pads and synchronous elements.
The
timing analyzer will ignore the pads for this specification. You
might want
to use a qualifier (e.g. "FFS") on the TNM property to remove the
pads from
this group.

My UCF file contains the following for a 33MHZ system clock:
CONFIG STEPPING="1";
NET "FPGA_CLK" TNM_NET = "FPGA_CLK";
TIMESPEC "TS_FPGA_CLK" = PERIOD "FPGA_CLK" 30.3 ns HIGH 50 %;

I am not really sure how I would correct this, or even what the problem
is. Is it absolutely necessary to specify a PAD to PAD / PAD to FF
timespec? Is that why I am getting this warning?

Thanks any comments.

Warning during generating classes through WSIMPORT & Error during xmlvalidation traveller Java 0 01-08-2008 07:00 AM
Timing details during synthesis in Xilinx ISE Thunder VHDL 2 06-29-2007 10:56 AM
Xilinx-DCM Timing warning prakash VHDL 0 04-10-2006 07:31 AM
Warning during class initialization Ian Pilcher Java 4 03-10-2006 08:43 AM
Datagrid not updated during delete, but updated during insert and update Dmitry Korolyov ASP .Net Datagrid Control 0 09-22-2003 10:57 AM

Advertisments