Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Extensions won't install....

Extensions won't install....

palinor

I am not sure what the best newsgroup to post this...but here goes....

I am having trouble downloading and installing any extensions.

I am running Firefox 1.5.0.7.

When I try to DL and install an extension like this one:

https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1419/

....I get a yellow bar across the broswer that says:

"Software installation is currently disabled. Click Edit Options....to
enable it and try again."

I have UN-checked "Block pop ups".

I have UN-checked "Warn me when web sites try to install extensions or
themes".

I have even "allowed sites to set cookies"....

.....but it still won't install.

What am I missing?

Thanks!

Timo Salmi

palinor <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I am having trouble downloading and installing any extensions.

Tools
Contents
Exceptions
Allow the relevant mizilla sites

All the best, Timo

Department of Accounting and Business Finance ; University of Vaasa
(E-Mail Removed) <http://www.uwasa.fi/~ts/> ; FIN-65101, Finland
Timo's FAQ materials at http://www.uwasa.fi/~ts/http/tsfaq.html

Mumia W. (reading news)

On 10/12/2006 12:52 PM, palinor wrote:
> I am not sure what the best newsgroup to post this...but here goes....
>
> I am having trouble downloading and installing any extensions.
>
> I am running Firefox 1.5.0.7.
>
> When I try to DL and install an extension like this one:
>
> https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1419/
>
> ....I get a yellow bar across the broswer that says:
>
> "Software installation is currently disabled. Click Edit Options....to
> enable it and try again."
>
> I have UN-checked "Block pop ups".
>
> I have UN-checked "Warn me when web sites try to install extensions or
> themes".
>
> I have even "allowed sites to set cookies"....
>
> .....but it still won't install.
>
> What am I missing?
>
> Thanks!

Type "about:config" into the location bar and set "xpinstall.enabled" to
"true."

--
Mumia W.
This is a temporary e-mail to help me catch some s-p*/m.

Timo Salmi

Timo Salmi <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> palinor <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> I am having trouble downloading and installing any extensions.

> Tools
> Contents
> Exceptions Allow the relevant Mozilla sites

Dear All,

I as per http://lipas.uwasa.fi/~ts/garbo.html#faqtimo am not available
for email consultation, but I'll respond here in the newsgroups if and
when I am up to it. I got by email the following question. This time,
however, I'll respond here to the email, since I have not stated my
policy before in these particular newsgroups

> Hi Timo,
> Under "Tools"...I don't have anything that says "Content".

It is there alright, I just missed/omitted a step:
Tools
:

> I am running Firefox 1.5.0.7.
> Thoughts?

Also see the tip by "Mumia W. (reading news)"
<(E-Mail Removed)>