Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Wireless Internet on HP Pavilion Dual Boot

Wireless Internet on HP Pavilion Dual Boot

Bob Frolek

Pavilion dv9000z Notebook. XP Professional Build 5.1 SP2.
Impressive Wireless Internet connection. Nothing for me to do. Boot up
and Im connected. At the right of the taskbar I see HP Wireless Asst
icon and Wireless Network Connection icon. Control Panel has HP
Wireless Asst, Network Connections, Network Setup Wizard.

I have set up a dual boot partition to a foreign language XP Build 5.1
SP2, but I see none of this good stuff, and I can make no sense from
Windows Help. HP wont help, on account of dual boot. Can someone
please point me in the right direction to get the same kind of
connectivity I enjoy in the English partition? Thanks.

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
When you set two partitions, the second partitions has to be treated as a
separate computer and every thing has to be installed from scratch.
The first partitions was already installed by HP. The second partitions has
to be installed by you as though you have a clean slate computer. Only after
successful installation of functional Windows you can install the Wireless.
You might need to log to HP support and get all the drivers that are
available to support your computer.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Bob Frolek" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
Pavilion dv9000z Notebook. XP Professional Build 5.1 SP2.
Impressive Wireless Internet connection. Nothing for me to do. Boot up
and Im connected. At the right of the taskbar I see HP Wireless Asst
icon and Wireless Network Connection icon. Control Panel has HP
Wireless Asst, Network Connections, Network Setup Wizard.

I have set up a dual boot partition to a foreign language XP Build 5.1
SP2, but I see none of this good stuff, and I can make no sense from
Windows Help. HP wont help, on account of dual boot. Can someone
please point me in the right direction to get the same kind of
connectivity I enjoy in the English partition? Thanks.

Bob Frolek

Thanks for the input, Jack. I realize that I have to set up a fresh
machine, but as far as wireless networking goes, can I do this myself?
US HP support simply washes their hands on the problem. Am I in a
position where I have to go through support in another country, or even
give the machine to technicians there? Is it do-it-yourself
proposition for a savvy person in the US?

Jack (MVP-Networking). wrote:
> Hi
> When you set two partitions, the second partitions has to be treated as a
> separate computer and every thing has to be installed from scratch.
> The first partitions was already installed by HP. The second partitions has
> to be installed by you as though you have a clean slate computer. Only after
> successful installation of functional Windows you can install the Wireless.
> You might need to log to HP support and get all the drivers that are
> available to support your computer.
> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>
> "Bob Frolek" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Pavilion dv9000z Notebook. XP Professional Build 5.1 SP2.
> Impressive Wireless Internet connection. Nothing for me to do. Boot up
> and Im connected. At the right of the taskbar I see HP Wireless Asst
> icon and Wireless Network Connection icon. Control Panel has HP
> Wireless Asst, Network Connections, Network Setup Wizard.
>
> I have set up a dual boot partition to a foreign language XP Build 5.1
> SP2, but I see none of this good stuff, and I can make no sense from
> Windows Help. HP wont help, on account of dual boot. Can someone
> please point me in the right direction to get the same kind of
> connectivity I enjoy in the English partition? Thanks.

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
The US support might not have all the languages releases and the
understanding of the trepidation of each foreign configuration.
However if your second partition works OK and the only thing missing is the
Wireless try the regular english drivers may be it would work.