Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Verify PuTTy Key fingerprint using the PIX finesse

Verify PuTTy Key fingerprint using the PIX finesse

spamdozer@yahoo.com

Hi All,
An SSH Fingerprint changed on one of my remote Pixen last night. When I
attempted to connect to it using Putty, I was given a warning that the
cached credentials did not match.
I'm pretty sure I neglected to 'ca save all' and it just happened to
reboot, but I wanted to be sure, so I tried to find the fingerprint for
ssh in the PIX that matches PuTTy's key prompt.... An hour or two
later and I'm damned if I can find it!
'sh checksum' isn't it
'sh ca mypubkey rsa' would SEEM correct, but doesn't match. It is
apparently 'DER/BER encoded PKCS#1' according to Cisco. Does this need
to be unencoded to match or is it something else?
(http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/...c/commands.htm)
Any answers, pointers or otherwise much appreciated.

Regards,
JaseF

PIX Finesse image jwkrych Cisco 0 03-04-2008 03:07 AM
Re: Difficulty PIX ssh server via Putty. Merv Cisco 0 09-30-2006 02:22 PM
Re: Difficulty PIX ssh server via Putty. Brian V Cisco 0 09-30-2006 02:11 PM
older Finesse images Gary Cisco 3 09-07-2005 03:18 AM
Suggest more finesse, please. I/O and sequences. Qertoip Python 8 03-26-2005 11:46 AM

Advertisments