Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > How to copy wireless settings

Reply
Thread Tools

How to copy wireless settings

 
 
=?Utf-8?B?QnVsbHNoYXJr?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-11-2006
I added another system at my home. I can't remember how to copy all the
wireless networking and internet information from one of the existing
systems. I had someone helping me last time. I have a USB flash drive.
That is what he used. Please help. Thank you.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Jack \(MVP-Networking\).
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-11-2006
Hi
It takes few minutes to do it manually.
When you are configuring manually you acquire the knowledge to deal with
future trouble (if any).
However if USB drive is your way,
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u..._05june13.mspx
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Bullshark" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I added another system at my home. I can't remember how to copy all the
> wireless networking and internet information from one of the existing
> systems. I had someone helping me last time. I have a USB flash drive.
> That is what he used. Please help. Thank you.



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
=?Utf-8?B?QnVsbHNoYXJr?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-11-2006
Thank you for your prompt reply Jack. Either I'm confused or I presented my
problem incorrectly. I will go into greater detail.

I have two systems that can currently access the internet. However they are
not networked together as a workgroup. They only access the router for
internet usage. After I get the wireless up and running I definitely want to
network them and share some files for sure!

System #1 uses a D-Link DWL-G520. #2 uses the DWL-G132. The router is the
DI-624 (no USB though). I also use an antenna ANT24-0700 if it makes any
difference. #3 uses a DWL-G520 also. It lost it's hard drive today so I
replaced it and did a fresh XP PRO SP2 install. That's as far as I got since
there is no internet connection.

What I need to do is copy the wireless settings off of one of the existing
computer onto it so that I can access the internet then configure the network.

Sorry for any confusion this may have caused.

"Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:

> Hi
> It takes few minutes to do it manually.
> When you are configuring manually you acquire the knowledge to deal with
> future trouble (if any).
> However if USB drive is your way,
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u..._05june13.mspx
> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>
> "Bullshark" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I added another system at my home. I can't remember how to copy all the
> > wireless networking and internet information from one of the existing
> > systems. I had someone helping me last time. I have a USB flash drive.
> > That is what he used. Please help. Thank you.

>
>
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
=?Utf-8?B?QnVsbHNoYXJr?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-11-2006
I welcome any further input.

Thank you.

"Bullshark" wrote:

> Thank you for your prompt reply Jack. Either I'm confused or I presented my
> problem incorrectly. I will go into greater detail.
>
> I have two systems that can currently access the internet. However they are
> not networked together as a workgroup. They only access the router for
> internet usage. After I get the wireless up and running I definitely want to
> network them and share some files for sure!
>
> System #1 uses a D-Link DWL-G520. #2 uses the DWL-G132. The router is the
> DI-624 (no USB though). I also use an antenna ANT24-0700 if it makes any
> difference. #3 uses a DWL-G520 also. It lost it's hard drive today so I
> replaced it and did a fresh XP PRO SP2 install. That's as far as I got since
> there is no internet connection.
>
> What I need to do is copy the wireless settings off of one of the existing
> computer onto it so that I can access the internet then configure the network.
>
> Sorry for any confusion this may have caused.
>
> "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:
>
> > Hi
> > It takes few minutes to do it manually.
> > When you are configuring manually you acquire the knowledge to deal with
> > future trouble (if any).
> > However if USB drive is your way,
> > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u..._05june13.mspx
> > Jack (MVP-Networking).
> >
> > "Bullshark" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > >I added another system at my home. I can't remember how to copy all the
> > > wireless networking and internet information from one of the existing
> > > systems. I had someone helping me last time. I have a USB flash drive.
> > > That is what he used. Please help. Thank you.

> >
> >
> >

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Re: How include a large array? Edward A. Falk C Programming 1 04-04-2013 08:07 PM
Settings.settings file with settings for multiple regions donet programmer ASP .Net 3 11-20-2009 03:05 PM
what is Deep Copy, shallow copy and bitwises copy.? saxenavaibhav17@gmail.com C++ 26 09-01-2006 09:37 PM
is dict.copy() a deep copy or a shallow copy Alex Python 2 09-05-2005 07:01 AM
Copy Wireless networks settings to 300 PC's SpiritBoy Wireless Networking 4 05-18-2005 08:43 PM



Advertisments