Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Policy based routing

Policy based routing

tsn tsn is offline
Junior Member

Hi,

we are thinking about offloading bulk traffic like FTP from our WAN by utilizing IPSec tunnels through the Internet. The idea is to implement policy based routing on the WAN routers and redirect then the bulk traffic to a router in the DMZ of our Firewall environment. This box will then have a tunnel to the destination. However, I'm unsure what happens if the tunnel would not be available. As policy based routing take place before the normal routing table is examined, I'm worried about that packets will be simply forwarded to the tunnel router and then dropped if the tunnel is down. Is there a way to avoid this ? Can policy based routing be done with considering the status of a tunnel ?

TSN

swapnendu swapnendu is offline
Member

Buddy u need to use a combination of router map and SAA (RTR comamnds) ..

BTW wht ver of IOS u r using ?

it wud look something like this; i'm using 1.1.1.1 as the ip address of ur tunnel destination ------

rtr 1
type echo protocol ipicmpecho 1.1.1.1
rtr schedule 1 start-time now life forever

track 123 rtr 1 reachability

route-map xyz
match ip address ACL_name
set ip next-hop verify-availability 1.1.1.1 10 track 123

le me knw if it helps....

intervlan routing and policy routing C3750 or C 4948 Sied@r Cisco 3 10-20-2005 08:42 PM
Policy Based Routing Scot Cisco 6 04-08-2005 12:57 PM
policy based routing problem Ivana Cisco 11 03-24-2005 11:09 AM
policy based routing on 4006 L3 switch with vlans prosthetic head Cisco 3 03-05-2004 07:20 PM
Cheapest Router With Three Ethernets and Policy Based Routing CHANGE USERNAME TO westes Cisco 6 12-17-2003 09:36 PM

Advertisments