Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > Software > desperate for help.. cant access explorer.

desperate for help.. cant access explorer.

debby debby is offline
Junior Member

Hi All,

I hope someone can help me here. When i started up my computer today it loaded to my desktop wall paper but doesnt show any icons or start bar. I get nothing if i right click the desktop and when i type 'explorer' into open new task in task manager the start bar flashes up really quick and then disappears again. Iv run loads of virus scans but find nothing. The virus scan programs can access the internet as they update with no problem. I have exactly the same problem when i start in safe mode. Could some one please throw me some ideas as its driving me crazy, been trying so many things to rectify it but im getting nowhere

Thanks,

Debby.

bigal bigal is offline
Senior Member
bigal's Avatar
Location: Northern Virginia, USA

Debby - Your login profile might be corrupted, or possibly Windows has been corrupted. If you have the Windows CD, I would try to repair your installation. I would even suggest using system restore, but I don't know if you can get access to that since you have no start menu.

Are you sure everything is the same if you start up in safe mode? If so, I would be popping in that Windows CD to try the repair option for the current Windows installation.