Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > how can we break the line from the space between two words

how can we break the line from the space between two words

kundan kumar

hi,
i m developing one application in which i have to compare
two documents and collect the word which has the error. for that
purpose i need to break the line into words from the space between the
words.how can i do it.

Chris Fulstow

Regular expressions are your friend
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hs600312.aspx

Or, if your words are only separated by single spaces, try
String.Split()
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...ing.split.aspx

kundan kumar wrote:

> hi,
> i m developing one application in which i have to compare
> two documents and collect the word which has the error. for that
> purpose i need to break the line into words from the space between the
> words.how can i do it.

Tips

strText = strText.Replace(" ", vbCrLf)

kundan kumar wrote:
> hi,
> i m developing one application in which i have to compare
> two documents and collect the word which has the error. for that
> purpose i need to break the line into words from the space between the
> words.how can i do it.

Tips

strText = strText.Replace(" ", vbCrLf)

If the text output is a web page you may using somthing like this

strText = strText.Replace(" ", "<br />")

kundan kumar wrote:
> hi,
> i m developing one application in which i have to compare
> two documents and collect the word which has the error. for that
> purpose i need to break the line into words from the space between the
> words.how can i do it.

Kevin Spencer

stringArrayVariable = stringVariable.Split(' ')

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP