Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > VoIP Phone works like a mobile phone - no PC is required!

VoIP Phone works like a mobile phone - no PC is required!

News Reader

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)
> > On Sun, 1 Oct 2006 22:30:20 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
> > <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

< SNIP >

Just wanted to put in at least something of a positive comment for / about
Ivor.

Not everyone ignores you or finds your posts useless.

I certainly haven't found them to be soooo problematic, concerning,
disturbing, etc.

.... And often a variety of different voices in an active forum (as in
arena - rather than computer message forum!) keeps a place interesting,
alive, etc.

Anyhow, what do I know / perhaps Ivor can get a little carried away / single
subject over focused but I just wanted something of a positive post to be
given to Ivor because at the very least it is not really nice or fair, etc.
only to / just to lambaste someone.

Best wishes,

News Reader

Ivor Jones

"News Reader" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:efqvo2$dn1$(E-Mail Removed)

> Just wanted to put in at least something of a positive
> comment for / about Ivor.
>
> Not everyone ignores you or finds your posts useless.
>
> I certainly haven't found them to be soooo problematic,
> concerning, disturbing, etc.
>
> ... And often a variety of different voices in an active
> forum (as in
> arena - rather than computer message forum!) keeps a
> place interesting, alive, etc.
>
> Anyhow, what do I know / perhaps Ivor can get a little
> carried away / single subject over focused but I just
> wanted something of a positive post to be given to Ivor
> because at the very least it is not really nice or fair,
> etc. only to / just to lambaste someone.

Thanks for that. Maybe I do get carried away sometimes but Ron and I have
a bit of a history with regard to his hatred of Sipgate. He had a bad
experience and is forever bringing it up, he won't let it lie. Me, if I
have a bad time with a company, which I have had recently with a certain
well known high street chain of opticians, who refused to admit they'd
overcharged me for a pair of glasses, I just write to their managing
director, telling him why I will not be using them again, and leave it at
that. I don't lambast people on newsgroups forever and a day.

Just my 2p.

Ivor

Herman

> "Ivor Jones" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)
>> > On Sun, 1 Oct 2006 22:30:20 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
>> > <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> >

> < SNIP >
>
> Just wanted to put in at least something of a positive comment for / about
> Ivor.
>
> Not everyone ignores you or finds your posts useless.
>
> I certainly haven't found them to be soooo problematic, concerning,
> disturbing, etc.
>
> ... And often a variety of different voices in an active forum (as in
> arena - rather than computer message forum!) keeps a place interesting,
> alive, etc.
>
> Anyhow, what do I know / perhaps Ivor can get a little carried away /
> single
> subject over focused but I just wanted something of a positive post to be
> given to Ivor because at the very least it is not really nice or fair,
> etc.
> only to / just to lambaste someone.
>

> Best wishes,
>

> News Reader

My 2p worth, for what it's worth, is that both parties have positive things
to contribute (and have helped me), but everyone turns off when it gets
personal. Lets have more of the same except for the feuding - it really is
a turn off.

M.Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk

On Sun, 1 Oct 2006 23:55:01 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)
>> On Sun, 1 Oct 2006 22:30:20 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>

>> > Ron, just SHUT UP. The only thing I am currently going
>> > on about is YOU.

>> IT WILL TAKE A MUCH BETTER MAN THAN AN OILY BIKER COME
>> OLD FUDDYDUDDY RADIO HAM TO SHUP ME UP AND DON'T YOU
>> FORGET IT IVOR .

>Ooh, I seem to have struck a nerve..!

no one shuts me up Ivor
>Oh BTW nobody listens to people who shout.
>just SHUT UP.

Then why do you ??

M.Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk

On Mon, 02 Oct 2006 09:55:05 +0100, Desk Rabbit <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Ivor Jones wrote:
>> "Desk Rabbit" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)

>>>Where's Ivor when you need him

>> Who takes notice of me..? Except to tell me off, that is..?
>>
>> Ivor

>This is what I mean. You are not being even-handed. One poor sod tries
>to get rid of 1 Telephony card and he is given chapter and verse and
>shown the door due to what is in my opinion a dubious interpretaion of
>the charter. Another comes along that is in my opinion clearly in breach
>of the charter and is totally ignored.

Just tell him to stuff his charter mate , newsgroup charters have no
legal standing whatsoever my God Ivor would make a great jobsworth
don't you think .

M.Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk

On Mon, 2 Oct 2006 13:16:36 +0100, "News Reader" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Anyhow, what do I know / perhaps Ivor can get a little carried away

I would pay someone to carry him away asap .

M.Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk

On Mon, 2 Oct 2006 15:06:02 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Thanks for that. Maybe I do get carried away sometimes but Ron and I have
>a bit of a history with regard to his hatred of Sipgate. He had a bad
>experience and is forever bringing it up, he won't let it lie.

That's the only problem with UK people in general they are very
willing to allow companies and individuals to walk all over them and
say nothing I for one won't and never will . If it where not for UK
people being willing to put up with anything Brown and Blair the
dynamic duo would have been history years ago .

Ivor Jones

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)

[snip]

> Just tell him to stuff his charter mate , newsgroup
> charters have no legal standing whatsoever my God Ivor
> would make a great jobsworth don't you think .

They may not have legal standing as such, but read the terms and
conditions of your ISP - they may well have conditions specifying
adherence to newsgroup charters.

People have lost their accounts for less.

Ivor

Kipper

On Mon, 02 Oct 2006 19:33:55 GMT, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) said:

>On Mon, 2 Oct 2006 15:06:02 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>Thanks for that. Maybe I do get carried away sometimes but Ron and I have
>>a bit of a history with regard to his hatred of Sipgate. He had a bad
>>experience and is forever bringing it up, he won't let it lie.

>That's the only problem with UK people in general they are very
>willing to allow companies and individuals to walk all over them and
>say nothing I for one won't and never will . If it where not for UK
>people being willing to put up with anything Brown and Blair the
>dynamic duo would have been history years ago .

We get a bit fed up with the Ivor/Ron girls handbagging each other.

Ivor Jones

"Kipper" <mynew@magicunderwater„fronts> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)-privat.org

[snip]

> We get a bit fed up with the Ivor/Ron girls handbagging
> each other.

Not half as fed up as I get, mate. But there's no way I'll let him chuck
me off the group I got created. Sorry if others are inconvenienced but I
didn't start it.

Ivor