Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Links which are not public

Links which are not public

Luigi Donatello Asero

I tried to check the links of the page
by using the link checker and I got the advice for many links to pages which
are for registered users that I had better specify that the link in question
is not public.
Now, the page is in Italian. Am I supposed to do it in Italian or even in
English to let robots understand that??

--
Luigi Donatello Asero
谢谢* спасибо

Harlan Messinger

Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
> I tried to check the links of the page
> https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/it/svezia.html
> by using the link checker and I got the advice for many links to pages which
> are for registered users that I had better specify that the link in question
> is not public.
> Now, the page is in Italian. Am I supposed to do it in Italian or even in
> English to let robots understand that??

It sounds like all the link checker is doing is advising you to add a
note next to each of these links that they lead to pages available only
to registered users, so that your users don't waste their time clicking
links they can't use. Of *course* the notes to this effect should be in
the same language as the rest of the page. And the scanner has no way of
knowing whether or not your content contains notices like these,
regardless of the lanugage. All it's doing is giving you advice.

Luigi Donatello Asero

"Harlan Messinger" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i meddelandet
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
> > I tried to check the links of the page
> > https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/it/svezia.html
> > by using the link checker and I got the advice for many links to pages

which
> > are for registered users that I had better specify that the link in

question
> > is not public.
> > Now, the page is in Italian. Am I supposed to do it in Italian or even

in
> > English to let robots understand that??

> It sounds like all the link checker is doing is advising you to add a
> note next to each of these links that they lead to pages available only
> to registered users, so that your users don't waste their time clicking
> links they can't use. Of *course* the notes to this effect should be in
> the same language as the rest of the page.

Ok. It is more or less what I have done then.

>And the scanner has no way of
> knowing whether or not your content contains notices like these,
> regardless of the lanugage. All it's doing is giving you advice.

Ok. Thank you.

--
Luigi Donatello Asero
谢谢* спасибо