Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Permission problem

Permission problem

Pitaridis Aristotelis

I have an application which uses an Access Database to store the various
information. It was working perfect until I had to put it in a shared folder
in order to be able to use it from various machines. Now, when I try to
execute the application, it displays the following error message:

Requsest for the permission of type 'System.Data.OleDb.OleDbPermission,
System.Data, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' Failed.

When I click the OK Button, an other windows appears on the screen which
says:

Application attempts to perform an operation not allowed by the security
policy. To grand this application the required permission, contact your
system administrator, or use the Microsoft .NET Framework Configuration
tool.

Unfortunately I am the administrator but I have no idea how to fix it.

Fixed: The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {555F3418-D99E-4E51-800A-6E89CFD8B1D7} to the user NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE SID (S-1-5-19). Skybuck Flying Windows 64bit 1 06-29-2009 06:17 PM
Show stopper problem!! Parser Error Message: Execute permission cannot be acquired David Berman ASP .Net 0 06-22-2004 08:37 PM
FileStream permission problem with asp.NET web application! =?Utf-8?B?TWlrYWVsIEd1c3RhZnNzb24=?= ASP .Net 4 05-28-2004 06:39 AM
Permission's Problem Andy ASP .Net 6 11-27-2003 08:33 AM
Problem connecting to database - "already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data" Tom Wild ASP .Net 0 08-14-2003 12:23 AM

Advertisments