Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > aspnet_client folder

aspnet_client folder

xfile

Hi,

We recently moved one of our hosted sites to a Net 2.0 server and are
preparing to experiment 2.0 programming. PS: we are novice in this area.

However, I have a question about aspnet_client folder and appreciate your
kind advise.

This site was supported by Net 1.x, and it has a root folder called:
aspnet_client and under it, it has several "version(??)" sub-folders.

When our ISP moved this site to an 2.0 server, this folder is remained as
the same and has no changes.

We asked ISP about if there should be something added or changed for that
folder (as I read from some articles, this is necessary for using client
control)? Their response is that it has been set from within IIS and we
should not experience problems.

I tried a few ASP.Net controls with EW (Expression Web or Expression Web
Designer - a to-be web editing tool for replacing FrontPage and current in
beta 1), and it seems ok.

So my question is - Do we still need "aspnet_client" folder in the root, and
if so, what will be the content is that folder and its purpose?

Many thanks for your advise.

Scott M.

The aspnet_client folder contains the client-side code used by some of the
ASP.NET Web Form controls (namely the validation controls). The scripts
contained in this folder get called by web pages that utilize controls that
need these scripts (again, the validation controls). If you use a control
that needs one of the scripts in this folder and the script can't be found,
then that control will not be able to do its client-side job.

I am not sure if the 2.0 Framework has any new scripts or has the need to
modify any of the previous scripts, but the folder is necessary.

"xfile" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> We recently moved one of our hosted sites to a Net 2.0 server and are
> preparing to experiment 2.0 programming. PS: we are novice in this area.
>
> However, I have a question about aspnet_client folder and appreciate your
> kind advise.
>
> This site was supported by Net 1.x, and it has a root folder called:
> aspnet_client and under it, it has several "version(??)" sub-folders.
>
> When our ISP moved this site to an 2.0 server, this folder is remained as
> the same and has no changes.
>
> We asked ISP about if there should be something added or changed for that
> folder (as I read from some articles, this is necessary for using client
> control)? Their response is that it has been set from within IIS and we
> should not experience problems.
>
> I tried a few ASP.Net controls with EW (Expression Web or Expression Web
> Designer - a to-be web editing tool for replacing FrontPage and current in
> beta 1), and it seems ok.
>
> So my question is - Do we still need "aspnet_client" folder in the root,
> and if so, what will be the content is that folder and its purpose?
>
> Many thanks for your advise.

xfile

Hi,

Thanks and sorry for returning late.