Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > creating a small test server on my local computer

creating a small test server on my local computer

Steve Holden

John Salerno wrote:
> Ant wrote:
>
>>Mirco Wahab wrote:
>>
>>>Thus spoke John Salerno (on 2006-09-29 21:13):

>>>My advice would be (because Apache installations on
>>>WinXP don't usually support Python (except pulling
>>>the whole thing into each CGI invocation) - download
>>>and install a VMWare Player

>>This sounds a horribly complicated way of doing things. If you read the
>>OP's post, it seems he is simply trying to serve straight HTML pages
>>(but with Server Side Includes) locally for testing, rather than having
>>to pester his operations guys to put them up on the company servers.
>>
>>If it's just HTML and SSI, then Apache is the easy answer on XP. The
>>download is a simple .msi installer, and you'll just be able to drop
>>the html files in the htdocs directory to start serving them.
>>(http://httpd.apache.org/download.cgi)

> Thanks! I'll look into this.

Yup, I'd second that as an approach. I have Apache on my XP system, with
mod_python and all the trimmings.

regards
Steve
--
Steve Holden +44 150 684 7255 +1 800 494 3119