Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > VoIP Appliance Solution: suggestion

VoIP Appliance Solution: suggestion

giovanni.costagliola@gmail.com

Hello all,
I'm starting to analyze a VoIP solution for my office. Honestly it's
a job very very far from my ordinary work so I tought it was a sane
idea starting to get some help about analyzing the feasability of the
project.

We are a company with about 30 people, the majority of whom work as
consultants directly on the customers.

I would like to introduce a VoIP solution that would allow us to:
1. virtualize the office presence of the people. I mean that a call to
our office can be dispatched outside directly on the PC of a collegue,
possibile using an extension numbering
2. conference call among collegues and/or customers that call to our
office
3. logging of the calls, possibly recording on-demand the dialogue
4. personal pbox possibly managed via web
5. (desired) In the case the user is not connected to the VoIP server
there will be an attempt to reach her/him on her/his mobile phone
(using one of the PSTN traditional lines). This requirement is indeed a
"desiderata", not strictly necessarry if the complexity/cost would be
too expensive.

I figure out that could exist an appliance that can solve all these
problems at once: a black box that act a server for the VoIP clients
installed on the laptops of my collegues and that is interfaced with
our switchboard.

Does anyone help me to point on the right direction?

Gopi

mypeople phone service offers exciting features like making VOIP calls
from cell phones, calling people using their first name, one call tell
all etc.
you may want to check if this suits your requirement.
http://www.mypeople.com

Gopi

Gopi

Use this coupon code if you are interested in signing up '1000128012'

Jonathan Roberts

"Gopi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Use this coupon code if you are interested in signing up '1000128012'

Please stop spamming the group. Your provider is not the answer to
everyone's problem!

Jonathan

Jonathan Roberts

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Does anyone help me to point on the right direction?

Giovanni,

An Asterisk iPBX can do all of these things. If you want an appliance as
opposed to a box you more directly install/control/etc, you might want to
check into Fonality and other Asterisk PBX vendors.

Jonathan

Gopi

Dont Know why you think this is spamming. I suggested this provider,
knowing about some of the features available. You could have taken a
look and ignored if it does not suit your requirements.

Gopi

Gopi wrote:
> Dont Know why you think this is spamming. I suggested this provider,
> knowing about some of the features available. You could have taken a
> look and ignored if it does not suit your requirements.
>
> Gopi
>

> Jonathan Roberts wrote:
> > "Gopi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> > > Use this coupon code if you are interested in signing up '1000128012'
> > >

> > Please stop spamming the group. Your provider is not the answer to
> > everyone's problem!
> >
> > Jonathan

I'm agree with Jonathan, you're reply only wasted my time to realize
that that product IS NOT SUITABLE for my needs!

You did SPAM beacuse you didn't take in consideration my post at all.

Regards