Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > redirect after sometime

redirect after sometime

rn5a@rediffmail.com

A logged in user clicks a Logout link which takes him to Logout.aspx
where in I am using the SignOut method of the FormsAuthentication
object to logout the user. What I want is as soon as the user is taken
to Logout.aspx, apart from logging him out, a Label should be displayed
to the user saying

You have been logged out successfully

& after, say, 15 seconds the user should automatically be taken to the
home page of the web site. Using ASP.NET, is there any way by which the
user can be redirected from Logout.aspx to the home page automatically
after 15 seconds?

I know this can be done using JavaScript but I did like to know whether
this can be done using ASP.NET.

John Timney \(MVP\)

Just output meta redirect tags with your page saying You have been logged
out successfully, give them a duration of 15 seconds

Regards

John Timney (MVP)
VISIT MY WEBSITE:
http://www.johntimney.com

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>A logged in user clicks a Logout link which takes him to Logout.aspx
> where in I am using the SignOut method of the FormsAuthentication
> object to logout the user. What I want is as soon as the user is taken
> to Logout.aspx, apart from logging him out, a Label should be displayed
> to the user saying
>
> You have been logged out successfully
>
> & after, say, 15 seconds the user should automatically be taken to the
> home page of the web site. Using ASP.NET, is there any way by which the
> user can be redirected from Logout.aspx to the home page automatically
> after 15 seconds?
>
> I know this can be done using JavaScript but I did like to know whether
> this can be done using ASP.NET.

John Timney \(MVP\)

I meant meta refresh

--