Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Firewall One / Nokia IP380

Firewall One / Nokia IP380

Gary

Not exactly the right group but I figure there are some PIX users who are also Nokia users.

Trying to configure a new Nokia and after the startup config questions it has asked for a login username/password.

It will take root or admin as the username but what is the defaukt password - We did not get asked to enter one.

Tom

"Gary" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
Not exactly the right group but I figure there are some PIX users who are
also Nokia users.

Trying to configure a new Nokia and after the startup config questions it
has asked for a login username/password.

It will take root or admin as the username but what is the defaukt
password - We did not get asked to enter one.

G#

The admin password is the one that is asked you to set during the initial
config questions. If you fire up the Nokia with no saved config then the
first time it runs a setup script, which is what I presume you have done. In
that script you are asked for an admin password before it asks you how you
would like to continue to configure the box (lynx or voyager). I'm pretty
sure that the admin password is set right after the hostname.

SysAdm

"Tom" <chris@nospam> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Gary" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Not exactly the right group but I figure there are some PIX users who are
> also Nokia users.
>
> Trying to configure a new Nokia and after the startup config questions it
> has asked for a login username/password.
>
> It will take root or admin as the username but what is the defaukt
> password - We did not get asked to enter one.

<snip>

you would have been asked during ipsoconfig. as you dont know what has been
set you will need to reboot into bootmgr and run an "install -i" to reload
a new ipso image.

SysAdm