Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > PIX Failover monitoring

PIX Failover monitoring

Daniel Bourque

Is it possible with WhatsUp (or any SNMP monitoring station) to monitor a
PIX cluster so we know when it failover? Any reference?

Thank you

Daniel Bourque

John Smith

do you have VMS? I dont know if it will or not, but it's a good starting
point.

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 14:39:02 -0500, Daniel Bourque wrote:

> Is it possible with WhatsUp (or any SNMP monitoring station) to monitor a
> PIX cluster so we know when it failover? Any reference?
>
> Thank you
>
> Daniel Bourque

mcaissie

You can always syslogs yor warnings to a syslog server
( there is one included in WhatsUp)

You will not have a specific syslog message for a failover switching , but
you will
have a bunch of messages when failover occurs. You can then build your Wup
notification
with the moer interesting ones.

logging trap warnings
logging host [interface] [syslogserver]