Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > aironet 1200 dhcp relay problem

aironet 1200 dhcp relay problem

John Smith

setup:
aironet 1200 acting as an access point
12.3(2)JA - latest code

vlan 1 (native) - WPA/TKIP/Radius(IAS) , this works fine
vlan 2 - wep pre-shared key, broadcast ssid. i am unable to get an ip
address using wep, if i assign my wireless client a static IP (while using
wep) it all works fine.

The helper-address is defined in the next hop router (NOT in the AP
itself, although i did try this and it didn't make any difference).

i tried defining a dhcp pool on the AP itself, this too did not work.

anyone have any ideas?

TIA

Martin Bilgrav

could be the connecting switch, which puts DHCP packets in the native vlan,
hence wrongly dhcp.
try debugging on both AP and switch.

Also the ip helper address MUST be the IP of the DHCP server.

HTH
Martin

"John Smith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed). ..
> setup:
> aironet 1200 acting as an access point
> 12.3(2)JA - latest code
>

> vlan 1 (native) - WPA/TKIP/Radius(IAS) , this works fine
> vlan 2 - wep pre-shared key, broadcast ssid. i am unable to get an ip
> address using wep, if i assign my wireless client a static IP (while using
> wep) it all works fine.
>
> The helper-address is defined in the next hop router (NOT in the AP
> itself, although i did try this and it didn't make any difference).
>
> i tried defining a dhcp pool on the AP itself, this too did not work.
>
> anyone have any ideas?
>
> TIA

John Smith

thanks,
your response about dhcp packets and native vlans was a good help...
based on that, i found this link:
http://tcpmag.com/qanda/article.asp?EditorialsID=267