Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > VOIP and QOS

VOIP and QOS

ants

Hi,
have limited knowledge of QOS and urgently need to configure QOS on 2x
2950s
that's running our phone system (avaya) over VOIP. I would like to
configure
QOS on these whitches - anyone can give me an idea /example of the
commands
I will use for QOS?

Thanks in advance

Daniel Prinsloo - www.CherryFive.com

You should be able to use the command "auto qos voip trust" this should
trust the VOIP classification on the ingress packets from the phone.
You can also use "no auto qos voip" on the interfaces that you do not
want to use it. To disable auto-QoS on mulitple interfaces at the same
time, you can use the interface range global configuration command.
Hope this helps.
Regards,
Daniel
www.CherryFive.com

ants

thanks daniel..
but another problem i am now facing..
don't think i have the enhanced ios version installed..
can i upgrade to an enhanced version?

my ver info below..

-----------------
IOS (tm) C2950 Software (C2950-I6Q4L2-M), Version 12.1(20)EA1a, RELEASE
SOFTWARE (fc1)
Compiled Mon 19-Apr-04 20:58 by yenanh
Image text-base: 0x80010000, data-base: 0x805A8000

ROM: Bootstrap program is C2950 boot loader

System image file is "flash:/c2950-i6q4l2-mz.121-20.EA1a.bin"
----------------------------

Daniel Prinsloo - www.CherryFive.com wrote:
> You should be able to use the command "auto qos voip trust" this

should
> trust the VOIP classification on the ingress packets from the phone.
> You can also use "no auto qos voip" on the interfaces that you do not
> want to use it. To disable auto-QoS on mulitple interfaces at the

same
> time, you can use the interface range global configuration command.
> Hope this helps.
> Regards,
> Daniel
> www.CherryFive.com

Daniel Prinsloo - www.CherryFive.com

Ok, there is another way. It looks like your image supports this. Lets
try this:

configure terminal
interface [interface-id] (you need to change this)
mls qos trust cos
end

show mls qos interface [interface-id]

The cos keyword setting is used if your network is composed of Ethernet
LANs or Catalyst 2950 switches and has no more than two types of
traffic.

Regards,

Daniel
www.CherryFive.com