Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > mDNS (Multicast DNS) on a 2621

mDNS (Multicast DNS) on a 2621

Daniel Klein

I have a 2621 with Fe0/0 (my wired network) and Fe0/1 (my wireless). I
would like to route mDNS (and everything else associated with iTunes for
the Macintosh) across the networks.

Does anyone have any multicast experience? I have been beating my head
against the wall for days now, and the documentation doesn't quite get
me there.

Please contact http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed), and I will summarize to the group (or
post back here, and I will see if my ISPs newsfeed keeps up).

Thank you!

-Dan

Daniel Prinsloo - www.CherryFive.com

I am probably stating the obvious here, but have you tried:

ip multicast-routing

interface Fe0/00
ip pim sparse-dense-mode

interface Fe0/1
ip pim sparse-dense-mode

Can you send me what you've got so far? What do you see?
Regards,

Daniel
www.CherryFive.com

jamspunk jamspunk is offline
Junior Member

Was this ever resolved? If so, then please post solution? Else, please document your attempts.

leonardosuzan leonardosuzan is offline
Junior Member

Hello, i have the same problem here, a want to route the mdns (bonjour) from um subnet to another, and i tried solution posted here, and it didn't work yet. If anyone could have another idea, please post.

Thanks

Leonardo

mDNS Joel Reymont Cisco 0 04-23-2008 04:28 PM
Wireless / mDNS / Bonjour matthew.larkin@gmail.com Wireless Networking 5 01-08-2008 08:44 AM
Make mDNS work across VLANs cashxx Cisco 0 08-30-2006 01:07 PM
patch - for resolv.rb to support mDNS "cache flush" bit Sam Roberts Ruby 0 02-06-2005 10:45 PM
ANN: net-mdns, multicast DNS and service discovery (aka "Rendezvous") Sam Roberts Ruby 5 02-04-2005 04:04 PM

Advertisments