Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Has SecurStar been compromised?

Has SecurStar been compromised?

Kevin OClassen

Has SecurStar been compromised? My guess is "YES"!

I purchased a SecurSurf account a while back, though I rarerly used it,
mostly for surfing sites from the Middle East without inviting a visit from
the JBGTs.

However, a few weeks back, it simply stopped working.

Then it started again -- but with an ENTIRELY DIFFERENT SET of encryption
keys. SecurStar won't respond to the question about the server having been
compromised, and the level of their customer service seems to have changed--
no responses, responses that are non sequiter, evasive, and so on.
"Technicians" that seem to know nothing about security, SecurStar's
products, or the actions of the company over the last year.

The change in keys and SecuStar's refusal to respond to questions aboput the
security of their system make me very suspicious. Maybe I just ran into a
string of morons who *aren't* affiliated with LEA, but for safety sake I
have to assume they are, and SecurStar has been compromised.

Null

George Orwell

Kevin OClassen wrote:

> Has SecurStar been compromised? My guess is "YES"!
>
> I purchased a SecurSurf account a while back, though I rarerly used it,

There is no "SecurSurf", they're peddling for Privacy.LIE just like
Privacy.LIE pushes SecurStar products. Along with evidence eliminator,
if that tells you anything. Privacy.LIE even data mines for SecurStar in
fact. We found out about that little "arrangement" last year. Not only
does Privacy.LIE log traffic they claimed not to, they blatantly sell
it to third parties. What a sterling example of a "privacy service",
huh? Add to that the fact that Privacy.LIE posts personal information
about their "enemies" on their web site for the purposes of inciting
harassment against others (illegal in most jurisdictions), and you have
a real good picture of the sort of lowlife scumbags Privacy.LIE really
is. You don't even need to see how their puppets behave here.

> However, a few weeks back, it simply stopped working.

That's a good thing for SecurStar. Maybe they woke up for a bit. Maybe
Adem tried to scam them too, so they dropped him like the bad habit
he wishes he could be half of. I wouldn't be at all surprised
Privacy.LIE tried ripping off a business partner, given the fact that
Adem is a well known credit card fraudster and bank scam artist. I can
see the slimy bastard begging like a girl to be taken back too.

> Then it started again -- but with an ENTIRELY DIFFERENT SET of encryption
> keys. SecurStar won't respond to the question about the server having been
> compromised, and the level of their customer service seems to have changed--
> no responses, responses that are non sequiter, evasive, and so on.
> "Technicians" that seem to know nothing about security, SecurStar's
> products, or the actions of the company over the last year.
>
> The change in keys and SecuStar's refusal to respond to questions aboput the
> security of their system make me very suspicious. Maybe I just ran into a
> string of morons who *aren't* affiliated with LEA, but for safety sake I
> have to assume they are, and SecurStar has been compromised.

If Johnny Law took down Privacy.LIE they wouldn't need to change any
keys. They'd using the existing ones just so they wouldn't raise these
types of suspicions. The fact that "SecurStar" won't respond tells me
one of two things. Either there's some sort of business dealing they
don't want you to know about, or you're really dealing with Privacy.LIE
****wits using a SecurStar email address. Adem has a lot of irons in
the fire. Lost of scams to keep track of. It's not surprising at all
he'd neglect something that doesn't line his pockets today. He already
has your money. No need to wast any more time on you.

Of course there is that outside chance some incompetent TLA agent
inadvertently destroyed Privacy.LIE's keys and had to generate a new
set when the shiny new TLA honeypot came back on line.

Melic

> Then it started again -- but with an ENTIRELY DIFFERENT SET of encryption
> keys. SecurStar won't respond to the question about the server having
> been compromised,

I hope you did not ask them if they have been compromised because thats
a pretty lame question, if they have they will be under some gagging
order banning them from telling you.

But you are just speculating, they may have changed the keys to improve
their security or because some dozen more of possible reasons.

> no responses, responses that are non sequiter, evasive, and so on.

any over the last year.

This level of customer service is disgusting I would ditch any service that
does not reply to customer emails, not because they are unsafe but because
the day you have some serious problems you are on your own,no need to pay
for that.

> Maybe I just ran into a
> string of morons who *aren't* affiliated with LEA,

Speculation, but all you know is that they changed their encryption keys
and do not reply to emails.Maybe you are right, maybe not.

You may find some information in privacy.li forums as SecurStar are simply
resellers, it is probable that if they changed the encryption keys they
also
did for all privacy.li servers.