Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Amazon UK dvd prices

Amazon UK dvd prices

Goro

I was just checking out Amazon UK to see how much Spooks S4 was going
for and was very surprised that SPOOKS S1-S3 are selling for about #10
each (before VAT) which is about $20 US. In comparison, MI5 S1-S3 are
$25, $72, $59.

Then i checked out abunch of other DVDs and they were very cheap also.
I might have to comparison shop UK DVDs when i'm thinking about
buying...

-goro-

kaboom

On 23 Sep 2006 15:46:01 -0700, "Goro" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I was just checking out Amazon UK to see how much Spooks S4 was going
>for and was very surprised that SPOOKS S1-S3 are selling for about #10
>each (before VAT) which is about $20 US. In comparison, MI5 S1-S3 are
>$25, $72, $59.
>
>Then i checked out abunch of other DVDs and they were very cheap also.
>I might have to comparison shop UK DVDs when i'm thinking about
>buying...

**I found that also, goro. I was looking at some Elaine Cassidy movies
and I found that 'The Lost World' was much cheaper from Amazon UK even
with the shipping than any price in the US. I also picked up 'Blinded'
with Jodhi May because it's not available here.

kaboomie

P Pron

kaboom wrote:
|| On 23 Sep 2006 15:46:01 -0700, "Goro" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
||| I was just checking out Amazon UK to see how much Spooks S4 was
||| going for and was very surprised that SPOOKS S1-S3 are selling for
||| about #10 each (before VAT) which is about $20 US. In comparison,
||| MI5 S1-S3 are $25, $72, $59.
||| Then i checked out abunch of other DVDs and they were very cheap
||| also. I might have to comparison shop UK DVDs when i'm thinking
||| about buying...
|| **I found that also, goro. I was looking at some Elaine Cassidy
|| movies and I found that 'The Lost World' was much cheaper from
|| Amazon UK even with the shipping than any price in the US. I also
|| picked up 'Blinded' with Jodhi May because it's not available here.
|| kaboomie

You may be interested in http://www.billybargain.co.uk/ - I hasten to add
that I've no connection with it, but it is a really good UK price comparison
site for DVDs & Music

paul

Hannibal Fortune

"Goro" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I was just checking out Amazon UK to see how much Spooks S4 was going
> for and was very surprised that SPOOKS S1-S3 are selling for about #10
> each (before VAT) which is about $20 US. In comparison, MI5 S1-S3 are
> $25, $72, $59.
>
> Then i checked out abunch of other DVDs and they were very cheap also.
> I might have to comparison shop UK DVDs when i'm thinking about
> buying...

Yup. It happens a fair amount. It's especially a bargain once you
realize that you can knock another 15% or so off the price because
they take off the VAT for non-EU orders.

I think the first bargain of this type I got was getting both TINKER,
TAILOR, SOLDIER SPY and SMILEY'S PEOPLE (the original, longer British
version of the latter instead of the cut-down American version) for
about half the price of just one of them in their American editions.

-- jayembee

kaboom

On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 02:43:24 +0100, "P Pron"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>kaboom wrote:
>|| **I found that also, goro. I was looking at some Elaine Cassidy
>|| movies and I found that 'The Lost World' was much cheaper from
>|| Amazon UK even with the shipping than any price in the US. I also
>|| picked up 'Blinded' with Jodhi May because it's not available here.
>|| kaboomie
>
>You may be interested in http://www.billybargain.co.uk/ - I hasten to add
>that I've no connection with it, but it is a really good UK price comparison
>site for DVDs & Music

**Excellent site, Paul, thanks! Does anyone know if there's a site
that compares the UK vendors? Like resellerratings, etc. for US
sellers.

Thanks again, Paul

kaboomie