Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Advice sought

Advice sought

Tony Grayson

I am seeking advice on which voip adapter to buy: i have my eye on the
Linksys PAP2T and the Linksys SPA2002. As the specification is confusing
I would welcome any recommendations. thanks

Paul

Tony Grayson wrote:
> I am seeking advice on which voip adapter to buy: i have my eye on the
> Linksys PAP2T and the Linksys SPA2002. As the specification is confusing
> I would welcome any recommendations. thanks

What do you want it to be able to do? The PAP2T and SPA-2002 are
similar to each other (the PAP2T will eventually replace the 2002
altogether). The only issue with the PAP2T is that is has less powerful
hardware and is only capable of one G.729 call at once where as the 2002
is capable of two. This isn't a problem for the vast majority of people
as you're better off sticking with the normal G711 codecs unless you
have a very poor/highly used Internet connection.

Both those adaptors allow you to connect two analogue phones and
configure them with their own VoIP accounts.

cheers,
Paul.

Tony Grayson

Paul <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Tony Grayson wrote:
> > I am seeking advice on which voip adapter to buy: i have my eye on the
> > Linksys PAP2T and the Linksys SPA2002. As the specification is confusing
> > I would welcome any recommendations. thanks

> What do you want it to be able to do? The PAP2T and SPA-2002 are
> similar to each other (the PAP2T will eventually replace the 2002
> altogether). The only issue with the PAP2T is that is has less powerful
> hardware and is only capable of one G.729 call at once where as the 2002
> is capable of two. This isn't a problem for the vast majority of people
> as you're better off sticking with the normal G711 codecs unless you
> have a very poor/highly used Internet connection.
>
> Both those adaptors allow you to connect two analogue phones and
> configure them with their own VoIP accounts.
>
> cheers,
> Paul.

Paul, Thanks for your advice and assistance
Tony

Tony Grayson

Paul <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Tony Grayson wrote:
> > I am seeking advice on which voip adapter to buy: i have my eye on the
> > Linksys PAP2T and the Linksys SPA2002. As the specification is confusing
> > I would welcome any recommendations. thanks

> What do you want it to be able to do? The PAP2T and SPA-2002 are
> similar to each other (the PAP2T will eventually replace the 2002
> altogether). The only issue with the PAP2T is that is has less powerful
> hardware and is only capable of one G.729 call at once where as the 2002
> is capable of two. This isn't a problem for the vast majority of people
> as you're better off sticking with the normal G711 codecs unless you
> have a very poor/highly used Internet connection.
>
> Both those adaptors allow you to connect two analogue phones and
> configure them with their own VoIP accounts.
>
> cheers,
> Paul.

Java Version 5 and Firefox - Advice Sought. Reg Mouatt Firefox 0 01-23-2005 12:19 AM
Beginner Advice Sought jbeck Java 12 09-25-2004 05:48 AM
.NET/General Advice Sought Jolly Student ASP .Net 1 06-14-2004 06:11 AM
.NET/General Advice Sought Jolly Student ASP .Net 1 06-13-2004 11:07 PM
Advice sought Mike T. MCSE 1 02-08-2004 11:34 PM

Advertisments