Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > can someone recommend me a good xml reader?

can someone recommend me a good xml reader?

entrepreneur

entrepreneur wrote:
> can someone recommend me a good xml reader?

i have downloaded one from
http://www.devhood.com/tools/tool_de...px?tool_id=897, but it can't work
on my computer.

Joseph Kesselman

entrepreneur wrote:
> can someone recommend me a good xml reader?

Please define "xml reader", since that isn't a commonly used term.

entrepreneur

Joseph Kesselman wrote:
> entrepreneur wrote:
> > can someone recommend me a good xml reader?

> Please define "xml reader", since that isn't a commonly used term.
>

> --
> Joe Kesselman / Beware the fury of a patient man. -- John Dryden

an application which can display xml file properly, like IE can display
html file properly.

Joseph Kesselman

entrepreneur wrote:
> an application which can display xml file properly, like IE can display
> html file properly.

Any text editor.

If you want more than that, you need to define what "properly" means,
which generally requires getting into the question of exactly what kind
of XML file you're processing.

Remember, XML by itself is just a syntax. Meaning is defined when you
create a specific XML-based language and the application(s) to operate
on it.

Johannes Koch

entrepreneur wrote:
> like IE can display
> html file properly.

I don't think, it can
--
Johannes Koch
(Te Deum, 4th cent.)

Stylus Studio

how about this? http://www.stylusstudio.com/xml_views.html
There are text, tree and grid views for working with XML.

Sincerely,
The Stylus Studio Team
http://www.stylusstudio.com

entrepreneur wrote:
> can someone recommend me a good xml reader?

Peter Flynn

entrepreneur wrote:
> Joseph Kesselman wrote:
>> entrepreneur wrote:
>>> can someone recommend me a good xml reader?

>> Please define "xml reader", since that isn't a commonly used term.
>>

>> --
>> Joe Kesselman / Beware the fury of a patient man. -- John Dryden

> an application which can display xml file properly, like IE can display
> html file properly.

Any XML editor. See http://xml.silmaril.ie/users/readxml/

BTW, IE cannot display an HTML file properly, AFAIK.

///Peter
--
XML FAQ: http://xml.silmaril.ie/