Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > setting the referer with css

setting the referer with css

Nospam

Is there a way of setting the referer with css?

i.e something like:

body{referer:http://www.example.com}...

?

Leif K-Brooks

Nospam wrote:
> Is there a way of setting the referer with css?
>
> i.e something like:

> body{referer:http://www.example.com}...

No. First of all, CSS controls presentation, not behavior. And there's
nothing that can do that from a Web page, because it would violate the
purpose of the Referer header.

Harlan Messinger

Nospam wrote:
> Is there a way of setting the referer with css?
>
> i.e something like:

> body{referer:http://www.example.com}...

CSS is a means of specifying the appearance of a page. It doesn't have
anything to do with what gets sent to the server when a link on the page
is clicked.