Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > mouseover / hover links

mouseover / hover links

una

Hi
I hope someone can help me with my problem on the existing navigation
menu of my hp: http://www.taekwondo-leveste.de/ipf/ . I would like
the writing to either change the size or the color as soon as one goes
over it with the mouse. Can someone please tell me the code and where
exactly I have to place it in the menu! I've been trying out different
possibilities since weeks now but I just can't figger it out.
Úna

una

una wrote:
> Hi
> I hope someone can help me with my problem on the existing navigation
> menu of my hp: http://www.taekwondo-leveste.de/ipf/ . I would like
> the writing to either change the size or the color as soon as one goes
> over it with the mouse. Can someone please tell me the code and where
> exactly I have to place it in the menu! I've been trying out different
> possibilities since weeks now but I just can't figger it out.
> Úna

My problem is solved !!! Úna

Jonathan N. Little

una wrote:
> Hi
> I hope someone can help me with my problem on the existing navigation
> menu of my hp: http://www.taekwondo-leveste.de/ipf/ . I would like
> the writing to either change the size or the color as soon as one goes
> over it with the mouse. Can someone please tell me the code and where
> exactly I have to place it in the menu! I've been trying out different
> possibilities since weeks now but I just can't figger it out.
> Úna

Hi Úna, please do not take offense, but mouseovers are the least of your
trouble here. When I see markup like:

tells me that you need the basics first. Walk before you can run.

I suggest your do an HTML tutorial first and learn what a 'blockquote'
'pre' and 'p' elements are. Then you should do a CSS (stylesheet) tutorial.

Anyone here knows of a 'good' HTML tutorial to recommend to
Úna? I haven't found any that do not muddle the message with old
deprecated elements and obsolete methods....

Then once you have fixed up your markup Úna we can help you with your
styling issue of mouseovers

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

http://htmldog.com/ is mentioned frequently.

--
-bts

Jonathan N. Little

Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
> Jonathan N. Little wrote:
>
>> Anyone here knows of a 'good' HTML tutorial to recommend to
>> Úna? I haven't found any that do not muddle the message with old
>> deprecated elements and obsolete methods....

> http://htmldog.com/ is mentioned frequently.

It is very good, my only wish is that they would have introduced
beginners to HTML 4.01 strict and not *XHTML 1.0 strict*. Many who don't
consider themselves 'beginners' cannot get the two straight!

--
Take care,

Jonathan
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

delayed hover/mouseover effect on jquery/javascript jay K. Javascript 1 07-29-2011 07:12 PM
Firefox Links - Hover Martin Knight Computer Support 7 05-28-2007 06:19 AM
mouseover/hover Link una Javascript 2 09-22-2006 01:45 PM
Mouseover to change Links and Cells in a table - HELP PLEASE!!! Eschew Obsfucation Javascript 3 11-13-2003 10:29 AM
hover links problems.... David Dorward HTML 2 10-15-2003 10:04 PM

Advertisments