Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > form based login

form based login

crash.test.dummy

i have a login page that is controlled by the web.xml:

<login-config>
<auth-method>FORM</auth-method>
<form-login-config>
<form-login-page>/login.jsp</form-login-page>
<form-error-page>/login.jsp?failed=true</form-error-page>
</form-login-config>
</login-config>

and works fine. authentication is done thru LDAP.

inside my application, i put data in the session (pagination keys,
etc.)
when my session timed-out, and the user clicked on the link (whose
action involves accessing the data in the session), the login page is
displayed. this is the normal behavior. however, being the session
already invalid, all data in the session are lost. so as soon as the
user entered the login data, i get exceptions (nullpointer, etc).
because the data that i need to access from the session is no longer
there.

one way to avoid this problem is to always go to a page everytime a
user logs in, regardless if the user logged in for the first time, or
when the session timed-out and the user has re-logged.

is there a way to do this but still using the <login-config> from
web.xml? authentication has to go thru LDAP and i wanted to avoid
coding for such.

i am using weblogic 8.1.x and struts.

thanks.