Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Cp1252 problem

Cp1252 problem

=?iso-8859-1?B?bW9vcJk=?=

Hi,
My source file has Chinese characters in it, when saving the file
Eclipse alerts it cannot be saved due to "Some characters cannot be
mapped using "Cp1252" character encoding.". Why? Is it the problem
about Unicode support? My machine is running on WinXP x64 Pro English.

Regards,
Sam Huang

Hendrik Maryns

Mike Schilling

"moopT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Hi,
> My source file has Chinese characters in it, when saving the file
> Eclipse alerts it cannot be saved due to "Some characters cannot be
> mapped using "Cp1252" character encoding.". Why? Is it the problem
> about Unicode support? My machine is running on WinXP x64 Pro English.

Because Cp1252 doesn't contain thsoe characters. Try saving the file in,
say, UTF-8, which contains all of Unicode.

latin1 and cp1252 inconsistent? buck@yelp.com Python 12 11-18-2012 06:48 AM
Bug? import cp1252 Mta-MCI Python 2 05-14-2007 08:17 PM
To circumvent the bug cp1252 Do Re Mi chel La Si Do Python 0 05-15-2005 11:51 AM
Is the default Java character encoding always Cp1252? Mickey Segal Java 5 04-20-2005 04:16 PM
Distinguishing cp850 and cp1252? David Eppstein Python 3 11-03-2003 05:47 AM

Advertisments