Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > java applet and localhost interface

java applet and localhost interface

giangiammy@gmail.com

Hi all,
I have a java applet, correctly working:
it happended I tried to start it on a machine
where there was not le loopback interface lo
and it does not work.

(enabling ifup lo, everythings returns ok)

Just a curiosity: why a java applet needs the
loopback interface to work?

thanks
giammy

Oliver Wong

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com...
> Hi all,
> I have a java applet, correctly working:
> it happended I tried to start it on a machine
> where there was not le loopback interface lo
> and it does not work.
>
> (enabling ifup lo, everythings returns ok)
>
> Just a curiosity: why a java applet needs the
> loopback interface to work?

I don't know the answer to your question, but I was wondering why would
it ever be useful to disable the loopback interface?

- Oliver

giangiammy@gmail.com

> I don't know the answer to your question, but I was wondering why would
> it ever be useful to disable the loopback interface?

I don't know why it could be useful ... it just happened to me
to test my applet in such a machine, and I lost various time
to find that the cause was the loopback

giammy