Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Problem of transfer project to a new server

Problem of transfer project to a new server

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FuZHk=?=

Hi, there,

I'm trying to open and edit a exsiting Web project on a new server using
Visual Studio. But I got problem opening it, the error message as following:

" The web server reported the following error when attempting to
create or open the web project located at the following
URL:'http://TIME/medical'. 'The server name or address could not be
resolved'. "

I'm aware that 'medical' is the project namespace, and 'TIME' is the old
server name-I suppose. So, how do I change the project so it can be opened in
a new server?

Any tips will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

Open the project file and change the URL. Do the same for the solution file,
if you are using one. In ASP.NET 2.0, you will only have a solution file and
you can open otherwise.

If this is a production server, that is not the way to develop. You should
never have to open in Visual Studio on a production machine.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Think outside of the box!
"Candy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi, there,
>
> I'm trying to open and edit a exsiting Web project on a new server using
> Visual Studio. But I got problem opening it, the error message as
> following:
>
> " The web server reported the following error when attempting to
> create or open the web project located at the following
> URL:'http://TIME/medical'. 'The server name or address could not be
> resolved'. "
>
> I'm aware that 'medical' is the project namespace, and 'TIME' is the old
> server name-I suppose. So, how do I change the project so it can be opened
> in
> a new server?
>
> Any tips will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FuZHk=?=

Hi Gregory,

Thanks. Problem solved.