Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Automated configuration of Aironet 1100 AP

Automated configuration of Aironet 1100 AP

glitch@not.likely

I'll be deploying a few hundred Cisco 1100 access points across
multiple campuses in the near future. Previous access points I've
deployed have required manual configuration one-by-one by a console
cable. Do these Cisco's give me any auto configuration options?

In a perfect world (i.e., not likely), I'd like to connect all my APs,
let them grab DHCP addresses, run a utility to discover all of them,
bulk select the APs, and propagate changes to them. There are features
to enable, features to disable, and of course a PSK I'd rather not
have to type hundreds of times on the APs. Any direction here (or some
honest disillusionment) would be appreciated.

BradReeseCom

You may want to investigate Kiwi CatTools:

http://www.kiwisyslog.com/cattools2.htm

Sincerely,

Brad Reese
BradReese.Com Cisco Repair Worldwide
United Kingdom: 44-20-70784294
U.S. Toll Free: 877-549-2680
International: 828-277-7272
Fax: 775-254-3558
Website: http://www.bradreese.com/cisco-big-iron-repair.htm

shajain

Try WLSE. It is kind of Ciscoworks for wireless network.

BradReeseCom

The CiscoWorks WLSE automatically configures access points and bridges,
assures the consistent application of security policies, and
proactively monitors faults and performance.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/cscowork/ps3915/