Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > web admin tool

web admin tool

Runsrealfast

I try and go into the website admin tools and add users. When I do this
everytime I get an error telling me that I need a longer password. I
have not writen any code in the app yet, I just wanted to start by
trying to get the security figured out. I can create roles and
everything else, but it will not let me create any users. The same is
also true when I create a webpage with the createuserwizard, comes back
with the same error. All the research i have done indicates that I just
need to go into the admin tool and start creating users but its not
working. Please help!

John

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

The default, if I remember correctly, is 8 characters with at least 1
special character. To get around this, you will have to change the
<membership> section of the web.config, specifically the <add> tag,
specifically, these attributes:

minRequiredPasswordLength="8"
minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters="1"

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Think outside of the box!