Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Crystal report Generation

Crystal report Generation

=?Utf-8?B?SmFjaw==?=

Hello All,
Can anyone here suggest me a solution to solve my follwoing problem?

1) I got a .aspx page and on that page i got a combo box and a command button.
Combo box displays records from the database.
I wanted to generate a report which is based on the record that user selects
from the
combo.
The report is designed using crystal report correctly and saved in Inetpub
folder...

For example the combo contains name like
aaaaa
bbbbb
ccccc
ddddd
eeeee
fffff
ggggg
and if user selects bbbbb and click on the Generate button the report should
only the
details of bbbbb...

If anyone can give code its very much appreciated...

Thanks in advance
Jackfadd

Turkbear

On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 02:18:01 -0700, Jack <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hello All,
>Can anyone here suggest me a solution to solve my follwoing problem?
>
>1) I got a .aspx page and on that page i got a combo box and a command button.
>Combo box displays records from the database.
>I wanted to generate a report which is based on the record that user selects
>from the
>combo.
>The report is designed using crystal report correctly and saved in Inetpub
>folder...
>

>For example the combo contains name like
>aaaaa
>bbbbb
>ccccc
>ddddd
>eeeee
>fffff
>ggggg
>and if user selects bbbbb and click on the Generate button the report should
>only the
>details of bbbbb...
>
>If anyone can give code its very much appreciated...
>
>Thanks in advance
>Jackfadd

Create a parameter in the report and pass it the value from the combo box..

Without knowing how you are calling the report ( or which version, or whether you are using CE/ BOE ) more specificity
is not possible.

=?Utf-8?B?SmFjaw==?=

Iam using BOE for the report generation...

Regards
Jack