Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > q; redirect to login.aspx

q; redirect to login.aspx

=?Utf-8?B?SklNLkgu?=

I have a login.aspx in my application and I need to make sure all the users
go though this page even if they click other apsx files in the project
login.aspx should show up. How can I do this?

Sean Chambers

If using FormsAuthentication, then use the logingUrl in your web.config
like so:

<forms name=".FormsAuth" loginUrl="path/to/login.aspx" />

hope that helps!

Sean

JIM.H. wrote:
> I have a login.aspx in my application and I need to make sure all the users
> go though this page even if they click other apsx files in the project
> login.aspx should show up. How can I do this?

Tim_Mac

hi Jim,
use Forms Authentication on your web site. any users will then be directed
here to login before they can access any .Net resources in your project.
look up the SDK for more info on using Forms Auth.

if you really didn't want to use forms authentication for some reason, then
you could intercept the Application_BeginRequest method in global.asax and
check for some criteria (set by you) which would indicate if the user is
allowed to enter the site.

i hope this helps.
tim

"JIM.H." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a login.aspx in my application and I need to make sure all the users
> go though this page even if they click other apsx files in the project
> login.aspx should show up. How can I do this?

=?Utf-8?B?SklNLkgu?=

I have login screen that checks the user against database, can you give me
example how I can use FormsAuthentication.

"Sean Chambers" wrote:

> If using FormsAuthentication, then use the logingUrl in your web.config
> like so:
>
> <forms name=".FormsAuth" loginUrl="path/to/login.aspx" />
>
> hope that helps!
>
> Sean
>
> JIM.H. wrote:
> > I have a login.aspx in my application and I need to make sure all the users
> > go though this page even if they click other apsx files in the project
> > login.aspx should show up. How can I do this?

=?Utf-8?B?SklNLkgu?=

Thanks for the reply, I probably need an example.

"Tim_Mac" wrote:

> hi Jim,
> use Forms Authentication on your web site. any users will then be directed
> here to login before they can access any .Net resources in your project.
> look up the SDK for more info on using Forms Auth.
>
> if you really didn't want to use forms authentication for some reason, then
> you could intercept the Application_BeginRequest method in global.asax and
> check for some criteria (set by you) which would indicate if the user is
> allowed to enter the site.
>
> i hope this helps.
> tim
>

> "JIM.H." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I have a login.aspx in my application and I need to make sure all the users
> > go though this page even if they click other apsx files in the project
> > login.aspx should show up. How can I do this?

Tim_Mac

hi Jim.
read this MSDN article on using authentication. you'd be mad to just put in
some web.config values without having a basic understanding of Asp.Net
security. it's all explained here:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en...rame=true&_r=1

tim