Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Newbie: How to use ASP.NET 2.0 profiles with users authenticated via custom means

Newbie: How to use ASP.NET 2.0 profiles with users authenticated via custom means

Navin Mishra

Hi,

I've an ASP.NET 2.0 web service which authenticates users using another
3rd party web service.
In my web service I want to associate profile objects with those users but I
don't want to use forms authentication as my web service has no GUI. Could
it be done ? If yes, how ? I've been searching info on the web but that was
not of much help so far.

Any pointers/sample code appreciated!

Thanks in advance and regards

Navin