Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > C# late binding on remote DCOM error: "Class not registered"

C# late binding on remote DCOM error: "Class not registered"

=?Utf-8?B?UGF1bCBX?=

I attempted to find the solution and came close
(http://blogs.msdn.com/robgruen/archi...24/359660.aspx) but cannot go
any further. I have an ASP.NET (2003/C#) app that calls a VB 6 DCOM on a
remote server. Identity used on DCOM is the same identity as used for the IIS
app.

Line of code that throws error:
object obj =
Activator.CreateInstance(Type.GetTypeFromProgID("c lass","server1"));

Error thrown:
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Class not registered

However, if I step through my code and change the aforementioned line to:
object obj =
Activator.CreateInstance(Type.GetTypeFromProgID("I nternetExplorer.Application.1","server1")); it will step through without error.

I can login to the server and see the class in registry. Remote VB6 clients
(exe's) that use this component are able to use it successfully, so I'm
positive that the component is setup properly and being used successfully via
the VB6 exe's. All I'm trying to do is call a single function in the class
and get its return value.

=?Utf-8?B?cm9iZ3J1ZW4=?=

I can't find any references to that old posting I had made, seems like it
fell of the face of the Earth. You can get to it here:
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...fcb9330b02501b
--
My postings are provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confer no rights.