Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Cheapest 1U Switch With Private VLANs?

Cheapest 1U Switch With Private VLANs?

Will

What is the cheapest Cisco switch that supports private VLANs, with one port
used to uplink to a router or firewall port, and the remaining ports
configured as completely private? I'm not sure how Cisco defines PVLAN,
but the key attribute I must have for this product is that all data must
pass from a private port to the uplink port, with no possibility for
broadcast, arp, or layer 3 traffic to travel between private ports. This
must be true even if the host attached to a private VLAN port can
impersonate a different MAC address other than its own, and must be true
even if the host knows the target MAC address of a host on a different VLAN
port.

Since I will be using one of these switches for each segment attached to a
firewall, and the number of hosts are trivially small, I have no concerns
about density or about passing VLAN information across multiple switches.

What are my product options? I would like to identify both a fast ethernet
and a gigabit switch.

--
Will

www.BradReese.Com

Hi Will,

You may wish to investigate the Cisco Switch Product Advisor:

http://tools.cisco.com/GCT/PCTPST/index.jsp

Using this tool you can also view immediately the pricing for each
switch.

Furthermore, you may wish to call 1-800-745-7381 in the USA or Canada
between 8:00 A.M. and 8:00 P.M. EST.

Your local Global Cisco Pre-Sales Contact Information:

http://www.bradreese.com/contact-us.htm#CISCO

Hope this helps.

Brad Reese
BradReese.Com - Cisco Repair
1293 Hendersonville Road, Suite 17
Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803
USA & Canada: 877-549-2680
International: 828-277-7272
Fax: 775-254-3558
AIM: R2MGrant
http://www.bradreese.com/cisco-power...-inventory.htm

Cheapest Cisco Switch with 1 Gig Ports and 10 Gig WAN-PHY Uplink? Will Cisco 7 11-25-2011 02:11 PM
Cheapest Cisco Layer3 Managed Switch ? KuttapanPro@gmail.com Cisco 2 11-21-2007 06:38 AM
Cheapest Cisco switch model. AM Cisco 1 04-12-2006 09:45 AM
Public Data in Private Class or Private Data in Public Class? DaveLessnau C++ 3 05-16-2005 06:53 PM
Should 'public virtual' always become 'private virtual'? & using private inheritance qazmlp C++ 19 02-04-2004 12:37 AM

Advertisments