Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > Suggestion Required

Suggestion Required

Sajid S. Malik

I passed my 70-315 exam yesterday. I also have cleared 70-316 couple of
months back. As now there are new series of MS exams out and I have the
following choice. Could you recommend which one should I go for. I'm more
diverted towards SQL Server 2005 or BizTalk Server 2006.

70-431: Microsoft SQL Server 2005 - Implementation and Maintenence
70-536 Microsoft .net Framework 2.0 Application Development Foundation
70-551 Upgrade: MCAD skills to MCPD Web Developer by using Microsoft .net
framework
70-552 Upgrade: MCAD skills to MCPD Windows Developer by using Microsoft
..net framework
70-553 Upgrade: MCSD Microsoft .net skills to MCPD Enterprise Application
Developer by using the Microsoft .net framework Part 1
70-235: Developing Business Process and Integration solutions using Mirosoft
BizTalk Server 2006

Zdenek Drlik

Sajid S. Malik napsal(a):
> I passed my 70-315 exam yesterday. I also have cleared 70-316 couple of
> months back. As now there are new series of MS exams out and I have the
> following choice. Could you recommend which one should I go for. I'm more
> diverted towards SQL Server 2005 or BizTalk Server 2006.
>
> 70-431: Microsoft SQL Server 2005 - Implementation and Maintenence
> 70-536 Microsoft .net Framework 2.0 Application Development Foundation
> 70-551 Upgrade: MCAD skills to MCPD Web Developer by using Microsoft .net
> framework
> 70-552 Upgrade: MCAD skills to MCPD Windows Developer by using Microsoft
> .net framework
> 70-553 Upgrade: MCSD Microsoft .net skills to MCPD Enterprise Application
> Developer by using the Microsoft .net framework Part 1
> 70-235: Developing Business Process and Integration solutions using Mirosoft
> BizTalk Server 2006

If you did't passed 70-320 (or 70-310) yet, you don't get MCAD. So
passing upgrading exams from MCAD to MCPD (70-551 or 70-552) maybe isn't
the right choice for you.
So my recommendation is - pass 70-320 first to get MCAD and then pass
one of the upgrade exams 70-551/70-552 to get MCPD:Web/MCPD:Win (or
maybe both).

Zdenek Drlik, MCSD.NET

Sajid S. Malik

so do I need to pass just one more exam to get the MCAD certification? I
thought I have to go for another 2 exams 70-320 & there is one required
elective exam that I have to pass in order to get entitled for the MCAD
certification.

"Zdenek Drlik" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Sajid S. Malik napsal(a):
>> I passed my 70-315 exam yesterday. I also have cleared 70-316 couple of
>> months back. As now there are new series of MS exams out and I have the
>> following choice. Could you recommend which one should I go for. I'm more
>> diverted towards SQL Server 2005 or BizTalk Server 2006.
>>
>> 70-431: Microsoft SQL Server 2005 - Implementation and Maintenence
>> 70-536 Microsoft .net Framework 2.0 Application Development Foundation
>> 70-551 Upgrade: MCAD skills to MCPD Web Developer by using Microsoft .net
>> framework
>> 70-552 Upgrade: MCAD skills to MCPD Windows Developer by using Microsoft
>> .net framework
>> 70-553 Upgrade: MCSD Microsoft .net skills to MCPD Enterprise Application
>> Developer by using the Microsoft .net framework Part 1
>> 70-235: Developing Business Process and Integration solutions using
>> Mirosoft BizTalk Server 2006

> If you did't passed 70-320 (or 70-310) yet, you don't get MCAD. So passing
> upgrading exams from MCAD to MCPD (70-551 or 70-552) maybe isn't the right
> choice for you.
> So my recommendation is - pass 70-320 first to get MCAD and then pass one
> of the upgrade exams 70-551/70-552 to get MCPD:Web/MCPD:Win (or maybe
> both).
>
> Zdenek Drlik, MCSD.NET

Zdenek Drlik

Sajid S. Malik napsal(a):
> so do I need to pass just one more exam to get the MCAD certification? I
> thought I have to go for another 2 exams 70-320 & there is one required
> elective exam that I have to pass in order to get entitled for the MCAD
> certification.

If you have passed both 70-315 and 70-316, the 70-320 is the last exam
you need for MCAD.

Zdenek Drlik, MCSD.NET

Jesus H Christ.....

You really are stupid aren't you.

"Sajid S. Malik" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> so do I need to pass just one more exam to get the MCAD certification? I
> thought I have to go for another 2 exams 70-320 & there is one required
> elective exam that I have to pass in order to get entitled for the MCAD
> certification.
>

> "Zdenek Drlik" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Sajid S. Malik napsal(a):
>>> I passed my 70-315 exam yesterday. I also have cleared 70-316 couple of
>>> months back. As now there are new series of MS exams out and I have the
>>> following choice. Could you recommend which one should I go for. I'm
>>> more diverted towards SQL Server 2005 or BizTalk Server 2006.
>>>
>>> 70-431: Microsoft SQL Server 2005 - Implementation and Maintenence
>>> 70-536 Microsoft .net Framework 2.0 Application Development Foundation
>>> 70-551 Upgrade: MCAD skills to MCPD Web Developer by using Microsoft
>>> .net framework
>>> 70-552 Upgrade: MCAD skills to MCPD Windows Developer by using Microsoft
>>> .net framework
>>> 70-553 Upgrade: MCSD Microsoft .net skills to MCPD Enterprise
>>> Application Developer by using the Microsoft .net framework Part 1
>>> 70-235: Developing Business Process and Integration solutions using
>>> Mirosoft BizTalk Server 2006

>> If you did't passed 70-320 (or 70-310) yet, you don't get MCAD. So
>> passing upgrading exams from MCAD to MCPD (70-551 or 70-552) maybe isn't
>> the right choice for you.
>> So my recommendation is - pass 70-320 first to get MCAD and then pass one
>> of the upgrade exams 70-551/70-552 to get MCPD:Web/MCPD:Win (or maybe
>> both).
>>
>> Zdenek Drlik, MCSD.NET

Cerebrus

Twenty-FiveBucks wrote:

> Jesus H Christ.....
>
> You really are stupid aren't you.

No, I don't think so. The list of exams can often get confusing for
many people, so this is a common question.

If you think this is stupid, you haven't seen some of the things people
ask around here !

>> Jesus H Christ.....
>>
>> You really are stupid aren't you.

> No, I don't think so. The list of exams can often get confusing for
> many people, so this is a common question.

I beg to differ. How on Earth can the contents presented at
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...quirements.asp be considered
confusing to anyone who is not a retard?

> If you think this is stupid, you haven't seen some of the things people
> ask around here !

These groups have become a great source of amusement here in the office I
can tell you!

Cerebrus

Twenty-FiveBucks wrote:

> I beg to differ. How on Earth can the contents presented at
> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...quirements.asp be considered
> confusing to anyone who is not a retard?

Don't say that ! MS takes great pride in the fact that it's website
follows all accessibility guidelines.

> These groups have become a great source of amusement here in the office I
> can tell you!

Wot ! Out here, bosses are the only source of amusement allowed to us.

<Twenty-Five Bucks> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> I beg to differ. How on Earth can the contents presented at
> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...quirements.asp be considered
> confusing to anyone who is not a retard?

Hahaha....you've got a point....But what it is, is too many of these n00bs
don't want to take the time to read and comprehend what is on the site, they
just look at it and go into overload.

> These groups have become a great source of amusement here in the office I
> can tell you!

It's only amusing for so long, then it gets boring, alot of these morons are
just trolls looking to rile someone up. Cerebrus is a great guy and has
helped alot around here and in many of the other newsgroups, and he's MCNGP.

--
BD
MCNGP #51

Noah Sham

I'm beginning to think that certification is worthless if Sajid can pass the
exams but cannot determine the certification requirements.