Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > 70-270 exam, help

70-270 exam, help

Mark

What is the best way to get prepared for the 70-270 test?

I have the Sybex Certification Study Guide (MCSA/MCSE: Windows XP
Professional, ISBN 0-7821-4241-9) and "Windows XP Professional Installation
and Configuration Cross-Reference" books and wonder if these two books are
good for preparing for the 70-270 exam.

Is the Microsoft Press 70-270 book better?

I want to make sure I am fully prepared for the 70-270 test. I do not have
much familiarity with Active Directory and remote installations (Sysprep,
RIS, and Unattended installations -- Setupmgr, etc.).

Thanks.

BD [MCNGP]

in http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)?<<
> What is the best way to get prepared for the 70-270 test?

Honestly, the best way is the way in which you feel most comfortable with your
study skills.

> I have the Sybex Certification Study Guide (MCSA/MCSE: Windows XP
> Professional, ISBN 0-7821-4241-9) and "Windows XP Professional
> Installation and Configuration Cross-Reference" books and wonder if
> these two books are good for preparing for the 70-270 exam.

Although these will work, you'll need more hands-on experience with the
installation and configuration of the system....that's where the Virtual Server
and Virtual PC (that I mentioned in your previous post) come in. You can spend
as much time as you want, installing and configuring the system and when you
screw it up or you've reached your goal, you can start all over.

> Is the Microsoft Press 70-270 book better?

For some people it is, for some it isn't...that all depends on your
comprehension level.

> I want to make sure I am fully prepared for the 70-270 test. I do
> not have much familiarity with Active Directory and remote
> installations (Sysprep, RIS, and Unattended installations --
> Setupmgr, etc.).

If you really want to make sure you're fully prepared, make sure you take
advantage of the MeasureUp Practice tests that are usually included with the
MSPress Books. If you didn't get a Practice Test disk, you can go to
www.MeasureUp.com or www.SelfTestSoftware.com and purchase practice tests
through the website.

> Thanks.

HTH

--
BD
MCNGP #51

Montreal MCT

Hi Mark,

I agree with BD... There is no substitute for practical experience when it
comes to exams. However in my experience the best way to prepare for any
exam is with the Microsoft Press books... I love the Self-Paced Training
books that come with the Readiness Review Suite software for practice exams.
I have not yet failed an exam that I used those to study for because the
Readiness Review lets you know when you are ready to face the real thing.

Good luck and let us know how you do!

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

h8poodles@yahoo.com

Montreal MCT wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> I agree with BD... There is no substitute for practical experience when it
> comes to exams. However in my experience the best way to prepare for any
> exam is with the Microsoft Press books... I love the Self-Paced Training
> books that come with the Readiness Review Suite software for practice exams.
> I have not yet failed an exam that I used those to study for because the
> Readiness Review lets you know when you are ready to face the real thing.
>
> Good luck and let us know how you do!

> "Mark" <nipperspot-at-hotmail-dot-com> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > What is the best way to get prepared for the 70-270 test?
> >
> > I have the Sybex Certification Study Guide (MCSA/MCSE: Windows XP
> > Professional, ISBN 0-7821-4241-9) and "Windows XP Professional
> > Installation and Configuration Cross-Reference" books and wonder if these
> > two books are good for preparing for the 70-270 exam.
> >
> > Is the Microsoft Press 70-270 book better?
> >
> > I want to make sure I am fully prepared for the 70-270 test. I do not
> > have much familiarity with Active Directory and remote installations
> > (Sysprep, RIS, and Unattended installations -- Setupmgr, etc.).
> >
> > Thanks.

I also agree with BD. Practical experience is necessary. I studied
the Sybex textbook, CBT nuggets and Testking Q&A. If a moron like me
can score over 900, anyone can. Trust me. :/

=?Utf-8?B?bWFu?=

can anyone help me with 070-294 active directory exam. i only scored 475 i
have the microsoft press books to help me but i need some help on the
simulation questions which were 5 of them. one question was where there was
a diagram and the scenaio basically mentions that network topology changed
and its subnet and i had to update this on the active directory. so i went
into active directory clicked on the sites and updated the subnet details
according to its region and applied this settings. is this the right way?

but there were 4 others i was unable to do. how do i go about setting a gpo
for certain computers to have the software installations such as sales people
in the sales department to have the installations on their client computers.
any examples. also if i had to set the password policies for a department,
how do i do this. would i set this at a domain level or ou level.