Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Unattended, RIS, and Sysprep test installations...

Unattended, RIS, and Sysprep test installations...

Mark

In studying the 70-270, is there a way to get a copy of XP Pro from
Microsoft that could be used for unattended installations including Sysprep
installations. If you test with a retail XP Pro version, you can quickly
run out of activations. I, and a few other people studing for their MCSE's,
would like to set up some unattended installations without burning up an XP
Pro license. We would also like to do these installations through RIS,
which may also burn up some license activations.

Any suggestions, feedback, answers, etc. are welcomed.

Thanks.

BD [MCNGP]

>>Did you see what Mark (nipperspot-at-hotmail-dot-com) graced us with
in http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)?<<

If you install the full version of XP on a new computer everytime, it is going
to use up the activations. The best way to go about this is to setup Virtual
Server (or Virtual PC) and run all of your installations through there. Although
it appears to activate through M$, using VS (and VPC) will not use up your
number of activations.

--
BD
MCNGP #51

=?Utf-8?B?RHJhZ29uIFdpdGhvdXQgV2luZ3M=?=

"BD [MCNGP]" wrote:

> >>Did you see what Mark (nipperspot-at-hotmail-dot-com) graced us with

> in (E-Mail Removed)?<<

Hmm... Interesting. Let me know how it turns out.

BD [MCNGP]

>>Did you see what Dragon Without Wings ((E-Mail Removed))
graced us with in (E-Mail Removed)?<<

>> in (E-Mail Removed)?<<
>>

> Hmm... Interesting. Let me know how it turns out.

You've never used VS or VPC, Dragon?
--
BD
MCNGP #51
-- MCNGP.com - You think you know IT!?
-- The new IT Certification Forums: www.CertGuard.com/forums/

kpg

As BD [MCNGP] once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse

>> Hmm... Interesting. Let me know how it turns out.
>>

> You've never used VS or VPC, Dragon?

That's virtually unheard of!

BD [MCNGP]

Xns98469BB252084ipostthereforeiam@127.0.0.1?<<
> As BD [MCNGP] once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse
>
>>> Hmm... Interesting. Let me know how it turns out.
>>>

>> You've never used VS or VPC, Dragon?

> That's virtually unheard of!

Around here, that's the virtual impression I get.
--
BD
MCNGP #51
-- MCNGP.com - You think you know IT!?
-- The new IT Certification Forums: www.CertGuard.com/forums/

sysprep and wireless cinfig mat Wireless Networking 0 08-29-2006 11:52 PM
SysPrep and Ghost question Techie A+ Certification 1 01-09-2004 09:30 PM
SYSPREP and Ghost Question Techie MCSE 7 01-09-2004 06:51 PM
sysprep 2.0 Scmoozie MCSE 1 09-04-2003 02:10 PM