Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > Can't share printer as used to

Can't share printer as used to

=?Utf-8?B?RHIgUGhsZWdt?=

Hardware:
Computer1 with Win2000 and wired to Lynksys wired router
Printer1 (laser) attached to computer1 via USB
Computer2 with Win XP SP2 and wireless to a Lynksys wireless router
Computer3 with Win XP SP2 and wired to Lynksys wired router
Router1 Lynksys wired linked to wireless router on switch1 for both routers
Router2 Lynksys wireless receiving cable modem via RJ45

Problem:
I can’t access printer1 (network shared) using computer3. The only way to
have access is by first going to “view workgroup computers” then clicking on
the computer1 that has the printer wired via USB and then filling the pop up
screen on (computer3) about user and password to access computer1.

In the past, using computer2, I was able to use shared printer1 with out
having to fill user ID and password but computer2 died so I bought computer3
and later, I revived computer2 (new hard drive and new Windows installation)

Now, neither computer2 nor computer3 will gain access to printer1 unless an
ID and password is set. I don’t want to give IDs and passwords to the girls
using computer2 and computer3… they are blond… if you know what I mean (joke)

I DO see all computers by clicking on “view networked computers” either on
computer1, computer2 or on computer3.

--
Thank you

brianladish@gmail.com

Please check the permissions on the shared printer from computer1. To
do this right click on the printer and choose properties and select the
security tab.

Does the everyone group have at least the "print" permission?

=?Utf-8?B?RHIgUGhsZWdt?=

Thank you for your reply!

Yes... there is permission.

Today, computer3 was able to see and print on printer1. No changes were
made... I just did a trial and it worked OK all day. On the other hand,
computer2 still does not sees printer1 and, again, I am able to use printer1
from computer2 if first I go to my network places then click on computer1 and
then input user ID and password
--
Thank you

"(E-Mail Removed)" wrote:

> Please check the permissions on the shared printer from computer1. To
> do this right click on the printer and choose properties and select the
> security tab.
>
> Does the everyone group have at least the "print" permission?

Joseph Bittman MVP MCSD

Sept. 23, 2006

If you need more help on this problem... you'd probably get a better
response in one of the other MSFT newsgroups... such as the
microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax newsgroup.

--

Joseph Bittman
Microsoft Certified Solution Developer

Blog/Web Site: http://CactiDevelopers.ResDev.Net/
"Dr Phlegm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thank you for your reply!
>
> Yes... there is permission.
>
> Today, computer3 was able to see and print on printer1. No changes were
> made... I just did a trial and it worked OK all day. On the other hand,
> computer2 still does not sees printer1 and, again, I am able to use
> printer1
> from computer2 if first I go to my network places then click on computer1
> and
> then input user ID and password
> --
> Thank you
>

> "(E-Mail Removed)" wrote:
>
>> Please check the permissions on the shared printer from computer1. To
>> do this right click on the printer and choose properties and select the
>> security tab.
>>
>> Does the everyone group have at least the "print" permission?

=?Utf-8?B?RHIgUGhsZWdt?=

Joseph,
I will try that... but I will continune to monitor this thread in case some
one else can share some more help
--
Thank you