Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > IM Extension for Firefox

Reply
Thread Tools

IM Extension for Firefox

 
 
Robert Brown
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-23-2006
Can anyone recommend an alternative to Windows IM or MS IM for use with
Firefox?
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
gwtc
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-23-2006
Robert Brown wrote:
> Can anyone recommend an alternative to Windows IM or MS IM for use with
> Firefox?

try these:
http://jabberzilla.mozdev.org/notes/start.html
http://www.jabber.org/
http://jabberzilla.jabberstudio.org/
http://aimfire.mozdev.org/

--
An recent Italian immigrant to New York wanted a job, but the foreman
won't hire him until he passes a little math test. "Here's your first
question," the foreman said. "Without using numbers, represent the
number 9." "Without numbers?" the Italian says, "Dat is easy." And he
proceeds to draw three trees. "What's this?" the boss asks. "Ave you
got no brain? Tree and tree and tree make nine," says the Italian.
"Fair enough," says the boss. "Here's your second question. Use the
same rules, but this time the number is 99." The Italian stares into
space for a while, then picks up the picture that he has just drawn
and makes a smudge on each tree. "Ere you go." The boss scratches his
head and says, "How on earth do you get that to represent 99?" "Each
of da trees is dirty now. So, it's dirty tree, and dirty tree, and
dirty tree. Dat is 99." "All right, last question. Same rules again,
but represent the number 100." The Italian man stares into space some
more, then he picks up the picture again and makes a little mark at
the base of each tree and says, "Ere you go. One hundred." The boss
looks at the attempt. "You must be nuts if you think that represents a
hundred!" . . . You're going to love this one!!! But unfortunately,
its to be continued. You're going to have to wait till tomorrow for
the punch line!
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
The Chief Instigator
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-23-2006
gwtc <(E-Mail Removed)7yjsIFfetn> writes:

>Robert Brown wrote:
>> Can anyone recommend an alternative to Windows IM or MS IM for use with
>> Firefox?

>try these:
>http://jabberzilla.mozdev.org/notes/start.html
>http://www.jabber.org/
>http://jabberzilla.jabberstudio.org/
>http://aimfire.mozdev.org/


>An recent Italian immigrant to New York wanted a job, but the foreman won't
>hire him until he passes a little math test. "Here's your first question,"
>the foreman said. "Without using numbers, represent the number 9." "Without
>numbers?" the Italian says, "Dat is easy." And he proceeds to draw three
>trees. "What's this?" the boss asks. "Ave you got no brain? Tree and tree
>and tree make nine," says the Italian. "Fair enough," says the boss. "Here's
>your second question. Use the same rules, but this time the number is 99."
>The Italian stares into space for a while, then picks up the picture that he
>has just drawn and makes a smudge on each tree. "Ere you go." The boss
>scratches his head and says, "How on earth do you get that to represent 99?"
>"Each of da trees is dirty now. So, it's dirty tree, and dirty tree, and dirty
>tree. Dat is 99." "All right, last question. Same rules again, but represent
>the number 100." The Italian man stares into space some more, then he picks
>up the picture again and makes a little mark at the base of each tree and
>says, "Ere you go. One hundred." The boss looks at the attempt. "You must be
>nuts if you think that represents a hundred!" . . . You're going to love this
>one!!! But unfortunately, its to be continued. You're going to have to wait
>till tomorrow for the punch line!


Sorry...that's an old one: dirty tree and a turd, dirty tree and a turd,
dirty tree and a turd...adds up to 100.

--
Patrick "The Chief Instigator" Humphrey ((E-Mail Removed)) Houston, Texas
chiefinstigator.us.tt/aeros.php (TCI's 2006-07 Houston Aeros)
LAST GAME: Milwaukee 4, Houston 2 (May 9)
NEXT GAME: Saturday, October 7 vs. Grand Rapids, 7:35
 
Reply With Quote
 
gwtc
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-23-2006
The Chief Instigator wrote:
> gwtc <(E-Mail Removed)7yjsIFfetn> writes:
>
>> Robert Brown wrote:
>>> Can anyone recommend an alternative to Windows IM or MS IM for use with
>>> Firefox?

>> try these:
>> http://jabberzilla.mozdev.org/notes/start.html
>> http://www.jabber.org/
>> http://jabberzilla.jabberstudio.org/
>> http://aimfire.mozdev.org/

>
>> An recent Italian immigrant to New York wanted a job, but the foreman won't
>> hire him until he passes a little math test. "Here's your first question,"
>> the foreman said. "Without using numbers, represent the number 9." "Without
>> numbers?" the Italian says, "Dat is easy." And he proceeds to draw three
>> trees. "What's this?" the boss asks. "Ave you got no brain? Tree and tree
>> and tree make nine," says the Italian. "Fair enough," says the boss. "Here's
>> your second question. Use the same rules, but this time the number is 99."
>> The Italian stares into space for a while, then picks up the picture that he
>> has just drawn and makes a smudge on each tree. "Ere you go." The boss
>> scratches his head and says, "How on earth do you get that to represent 99?"
>> "Each of da trees is dirty now. So, it's dirty tree, and dirty tree, and dirty
>> tree. Dat is 99." "All right, last question. Same rules again, but represent
>> the number 100." The Italian man stares into space some more, then he picks
>> up the picture again and makes a little mark at the base of each tree and
>> says, "Ere you go. One hundred." The boss looks at the attempt. "You must be
>> nuts if you think that represents a hundred!" . . . You're going to love this
>> one!!! But unfortunately, its to be continued. You're going to have to wait
>> till tomorrow for the punch line!

>
> Sorry...that's an old one: dirty tree and a turd, dirty tree and a turd,
> dirty tree and a turd...adds up to 100.
>

you just couldn't wait could you. You just had to spoil it. Thanks a
lot.

--
An recent Italian immigrant to New York wanted a job, but the foreman
won't hire him until he passes a little math test. "Here's your first
question," the foreman said. "Without using numbers, represent the
number 9." "Without numbers?" the Italian says, "Dat is easy." And he
proceeds to draw three trees. "What's this?" the boss asks. "Ave you
got no brain? Tree and tree and tree make nine," says the Italian.
"Fair enough," says the boss. "Here's your second question. Use the
same rules, but this time the number is 99." The Italian stares into
space for a while, then picks up the picture that he has just drawn
and makes a smudge on each tree. "Ere you go." The boss scratches his
head and says, "How on earth do you get that to represent 99?" "Each
of da trees is dirty now. So, it's dirty tree, and dirty tree, and
dirty tree. Dat is 99." "All right, last question. Same rules again,
but represent the number 100." The Italian man stares into space some
more, then he picks up the picture again and makes a little mark at
the base of each tree and says, "Ere you go. One hundred." The boss
looks at the attempt. "You must be nuts if you think that represents a
hundred!" . . . You're going to love this one!!! But unfortunately,
its to be continued. You're going to have to wait till tomorrow for
the punch line!
 
Reply With Quote
 
Orbis
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-24-2006
> you just couldn't wait could you. You just had to spoil it. Thanks a lot.

It's hardly compliant of netiquette to post a huge sig like
that anyway.


 
Reply With Quote
 
gwtc
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-24-2006
Orbis wrote:
>> you just couldn't wait could you. You just had to spoil it. Thanks a lot.

>
> It's hardly compliant of netiquette to post a huge sig like
> that anyway.
>
>

if you don't like my sigs, then don't read them. Thats simple and
easy to do.

--
The Clever Italian Mathematician . . . continued from yesterday . . .
The boss looks at the attempt. "You must be nuts if you think that
represents a hundred!" The Italian leans forward and points to the
marks at the base of each tree and says, "A little dog came along and
crap by each tree. So now you got dirty tree and a turd, dirty tree
and a turd, and dirty tree and a turd, dat make one hundred. So, when
I start?"
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
newWizards as an extension and extension point? Elhanan Java 0 01-23-2007 08:11 AM
How to convert a .txt file extension to a .xls file extension? Steve ASP .Net 3 08-25-2006 05:43 PM
New extension? saw extension .emf is it safe to open Jer Computer Support 5 10-08-2005 04:43 PM
C extension=> pow(2,1) gives DIFFERENT answers in different parts of C extension!?!?! Any ideas why? Christian Seberino Python 3 02-05-2004 04:36 AM
Unload extension modules when python22.dll unloads... [using C extension interpreter] Anand Python 3 11-08-2003 05:50 AM



Advertisments