Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > menu insertafter=sanitizeitem

menu insertafter=sanitizeitem

pixturesk@gmail.com

I am getting this <menu insertafter="sanitizeitem" line in the bottom,
gray, 20 per cent of the Firefox 1.5.0.7 window. What is this? How can
I return the window to normal? I am using Win98SE. I am not of the
computer generation so please make your reply easy to follow. Thanks.

Mumia W. (reading news)

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Gray_bar_below_status_bar

--
(E-Mail Removed)

Leonidas Jones

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> I am getting this <menu insertafter="sanitizeitem" line in the bottom,
> gray, 20 per cent of the Firefox 1.5.0.7 window. What is this? How can
> I return the window to normal? I am using Win98SE. I am not of the
> computer generation so please make your reply easy to follow. Thanks.

Quick answer. If this is not clear, I'll try to post back when I have
more time.

Most likely an incompatible theme or extension. First, check for updates
to your themes and extensions. If that fails to solve it, disable all
your extensions, and reenable them one by one until you find the problem
extension. More information here:

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Gray_bar_below_status_bar

Lee

pixturesk@gmail.com

Leonidas Jones wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> > I am getting this <menu insertafter="sanitizeitem" line in the bottom,
> > gray, 20 per cent of the Firefox 1.5.0.7 window. What is this? How can
> > I return the window to normal? I am using Win98SE. I am not of the
> > computer generation so please make your reply easy to follow. Thanks.
> >

> Quick answer. If this is not clear, I'll try to post back when I have
> more time.
>
> Most likely an incompatible theme or extension. First, check for updates
> to your themes and extensions. If that fails to solve it, disable all
> your extensions, and reenable them one by one until you find the problem
> extension. More information here:
>
> http://kb.mozillazine.org/Gray_bar_below_status_bar
>
> Lee

Thanks guys. I think, by accident, I uninstalled something vital from
Firefox. My particular installation was full of "bloat", too many
extensions, too many bookmarks etc. So I "completely!!" uninstalled
Firefox, every file possible, then re-install Firefox 1.5.0.7 with a
much "leaner" set of extensions with much fewer bookmarks, other
frills. Now I have a much more managable Firefox, running effeciently.

Leonidas Jones

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Leonidas Jones wrote:
>> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>> I am getting this <menu insertafter="sanitizeitem" line in the bottom,
>>> gray, 20 per cent of the Firefox 1.5.0.7 window. What is this? How can
>>> I return the window to normal? I am using Win98SE. I am not of the
>>> computer generation so please make your reply easy to follow. Thanks.
>>>

>> Quick answer. If this is not clear, I'll try to post back when I have
>> more time.
>>
>> Most likely an incompatible theme or extension. First, check for updates
>> to your themes and extensions. If that fails to solve it, disable all
>> your extensions, and reenable them one by one until you find the problem
>> extension. More information here:
>>
>> http://kb.mozillazine.org/Gray_bar_below_status_bar
>>
>> Lee

> Thanks guys. I think, by accident, I uninstalled something vital from
> Firefox. My particular installation was full of "bloat", too many
> extensions, too many bookmarks etc. So I "completely!!" uninstalled
> Firefox, every file possible, then re-install Firefox 1.5.0.7 with a
> much "leaner" set of extensions with much fewer bookmarks, other
> frills. Now I have a much more managable Firefox, running effeciently.

Good news!

You probably could have saved yourself some trouble and just created a
new profile to accomplish the same goal, but the main point it that its
working.

Lee

pixturesk@gmail.com

Leonidas Jones wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> >>>
> >> Quick answer. If this is not clear, I'll try to post back when I have
> >> more time.
> >>
> >> Most likely an incompatible theme or extension. First, check for updates
> >> to your themes and extensions. If that fails to solve it, disable all
> >> your extensions, and reenable them one by one until you find the problem
> >> extension. More information here:
> >>
> >> http://kb.mozillazine.org/Gray_bar_below_status_bar
> >>
> >> Lee

> > Thanks guys. I think, by accident, I uninstalled something vital from
> > Firefox. My particular installation was full of "bloat", too many
> > extensions, too many bookmarks etc. So I "completely!!" uninstalled
> > Firefox, every file possible, then re-install Firefox 1.5.0.7 with a
> > much "leaner" set of extensions with much fewer bookmarks, other
> > frills. Now I have a much more managable Firefox, running effeciently.
> >

> Good news!
>
> You probably could have saved yourself some trouble and just created a
> new profile to accomplish the same goal, but the main point it that its
> working.
>
> Lee

Thanks Lee. I am so much happier with my leaner, quicker, only
essential extensions Firefox. In my previous installation, I went nuts,
65 extensions, about 250 bookmarks. Now I have 20 extensions, key among
them Adblock Plus, Auto Copy, Auto Fill, Fasterfox, Flashblock, IE View
Lite, Image Toolbar, Mouse Zoom, Update Notifier + only essential
bookmarks. Sometimes starting fresh gives a totally new perspective to
Firefox. Because I only have a P3 600, with Ultra Lite Cable Internet,
this new configuration is making Firefox get to web pages much quicker.
Thanks again for your input.

Ken