Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Firefox -- AGAIN????

Firefox -- AGAIN????

NYC XYZ

Every time Firefox updates itself I get some weird behavior.

The last update last week has me unable to enter text into a field,
like a search engine, every now and then, particularly when first
launching the program or just opening a new tab. I'd try to type in
the web address, but there is no cursor, or the cursor is there but no
text "comes out"...this condition lasts for maybe five to ten seconds,
after which normal operations are available again. Unfortunately, this
happens fairly often, though irregularly, with no rhyme or reason.

GOD DAMN FIREFOX!! It's become the Apple/Steve Jobs of the browser
market.

WHEN IS INTERNET EXPLORER WITH TABBED BROWSING COMING OUT???

FIREFOX SUCKS **** AGAIN!

Every god-lousy update screws **** up in the weirdest little ways....

Mumia W. (reading news)

On 09/20/2006 10:32 AM, J.O. Aho wrote:
> NYC XYZ wrote:
>> Every time Firefox updates itself I get some weird behavior.
>>
>> The last update last week has me unable to enter text into a field,
>> like a search engine, every now and then, particularly when first
>> launching the program or just opening a new tab. I'd try to type in
>> the web address, but there is no cursor, or the cursor is there but no
>> text "comes out"...this condition lasts for maybe five to ten seconds,
>> after which normal operations are available again. Unfortunately, this
>> happens fairly often, though irregularly, with no rhyme or reason.

> This happens for microsoft suxx, as firefox is loaded into memory when
> it does the update, it gets a conflict with the new version on disk with
> the old one in ram, if microsoft had a proper flushing, this wouldn't
> happen.
>

>> GOD DAMN FIREFOX!! It's become the Apple/Steve Jobs of the browser
>> market.

> I think the firefox developers will be glad to hear you think firefox is
> userfriendly.
>

>> WHEN IS INTERNET EXPLORER WITH TABBED BROWSING COMING OUT???

> MSIE won't include this,

Yes it will. IE7 beta has tabbed browsing.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/...t.mspx#ie7tabs

> there are a load of "browsers" that [use] the
> MSIE libararies (dll's) and [offer] you tabs, but of course you are stuck
> with all the hellish security holes, the phone home features.
>

> //Aho

SteveG

Humphry wrote:
> yeah sure its my computer.. all 4 of them plus all the other ones I have
> installed firefox on them ever...

SG: Just because it happens on more than one computer that you have an
influence over still doesn't make it a Firefox problem. The common
denominator may well be YOU!

> You want proof? And if I give it to you, will you then acknowledge that you
> were wrong?

SG: Go on then prove it ... I'm not infallible and quite prepared to
accept that I can be wrong

> I doubt it... Its everything else but it CANT be firefox! lol....

SG: As I have no hand in the development of Firefox I don't have a
problem admitting that it can have problems. Many people report problems
with Firefox but from the experience of reading this group I have to say
the majority of those problems are actually user based, not a bug in the
software (of which there may well be many).

> How about this question? Have YOU tried avantbrowser www.avantbrowser.com
> and
> compared its speed and memory needs with FF?
>
> Nope...

SG: No, I haven't tried it and if your rantings are the only reference
I'm going to get for it then I certainly won't be tempted. On the plus
side for the rest of us perfectly happy Firefox users I hope you will be
disenchanted enough to go away and leave us in peace.

Please don't slam the door on your way out

Actually I don't really care if you do slam the door as you're already
in my kill file and I won't hear you leave anyway

Have a nice life

--
Regards

Steve G

gwtc

Humphry wrote:

> How about this question? Have YOU tried avantbrowser www.avantbrowser.com
> and
> compared its speed and memory needs with FF?

avant is just IE in disguise. So, whatever problems plague IE, avant
will sure get it too.

--
continued . . . At that point, the guy is so mad that he throws the
bird into the freezer. For the first few seconds there is a terrible

Alex Bell

"NYC XYZ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...

> Every time Firefox updates itself I get some weird behavior.
>
> The last update last week has me unable to enter text into a field,
> like a search engine, every now and then, particularly when first
> launching the program or just opening a new tab. I'd try to type in
> the web address, but there is no cursor, or the cursor is there but no
> text "comes out"...this condition lasts for maybe five to ten seconds,
> after which normal operations are available again. Unfortunately, this
> happens fairly often, though irregularly, with no rhyme or reason.
>
> GOD DAMN FIREFOX!! It's become the Apple/Steve Jobs of the browser
> market.
>
> WHEN IS INTERNET EXPLORER WITH TABBED BROWSING COMING OUT???
>
> FIREFOX SUCKS **** AGAIN!
>
> Every god-lousy update screws **** up in the weirdest little ways....

Hehe, sucks to be you, eh?

NYC XYZ

Survey says, "your mother."

Alex Bell wrote:

> Hehe, sucks to be you, eh?

John

On 20 Sep 2006 07:46:53 -0700, "NYC XYZ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>The last update last week has me unable to enter text into a field,
>like a search engine, every now and then, particularly when first
>launching the program or just opening a new tab. I'd try to type in
>the web address, but there is no cursor, or the cursor is there but no
>text "comes out"...this condition lasts for maybe five to ten seconds,
>after which normal operations are available again. Unfortunately, this
>happens fairly often, though irregularly, with no rhyme or reason.

NYCXYZ:
Nobody has replied to your (legitiate?) question which you posted (repeated
above) - it seems everybody reacted only to your childish rant which followed.
(Understandable, but not really helpful).

Myself, I have noticed the behaviour you describe, although it happened
(occasionally) well before the latest update.

If any knowledgeable Mozilla or Firefox person can shed some light on this, I
would be thankful.

Thanks, y'all!

John <><

Mumia W. (reading news)

On 09/21/2006 04:49 PM, John <>< wrote:
> On 20 Sep 2006 07:46:53 -0700, "NYC XYZ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> The last update last week has me unable to enter text into a field,
>> like a search engine, every now and then, particularly when first
>> launching the program or just opening a new tab. I'd try to type in
>> the web address, but there is no cursor, or the cursor is there but no
>> text "comes out"...this condition lasts for maybe five to ten seconds,
>> after which normal operations are available again. Unfortunately, this
>> happens fairly often, though irregularly, with no rhyme or reason.

> NYCXYZ:
> Nobody has replied to your (legitiate?) question which you posted (repeated
> above) - it seems everybody reacted only to your childish rant which followed.
> (Understandable, but not really helpful).
>
> Myself, I have noticed the behaviour you describe, although it happened
> (occasionally) well before the latest update.
> [...]

I've never had profile corruption due to an FX upgrade. Nonetheless, I
backup important parts of my profile every 24 hours using a script.

Whenever I upgrade FX, I first copy the FX installation directory to a
backup location so I can revert in case something goes wrong.

When I attempted to upgrade from Seamonkey 1.0.1 to 1.0.2, something
went wrong, so I reverted back to 1.0.1 by blasting the new SM and
copying the old SM back into place.

NYC Jack, if you're on Windows, create a batch file to backup your
profile (except for the gigantic cache) and tell the task manager to
execute it every week.

I also advise using as few extensions as needed to get the job done
since extensions can mess up FX.

--
(E-Mail Removed)

unisellers

Simple solution..........Don't use it.

Firefox has a lot of handy plugins. I'm not sure if its worth the
hassles
with each update. Depends on the plugins and how much you use them.
I use Maxthon. Has everything I want. No hassles.

gwtc

unisellers wrote:
> Simple solution..........Don't use it.
>
> Firefox has a lot of handy plugins. I'm not sure if its worth the
> hassles
> with each update. Depends on the plugins and how much you use them.
> I use Maxthon. Has everything I want. No hassles.

but Maxthon is just IE in disguise. All the bugs, security breaches,
and other problems that IE has, Maxthon will also have.

--
Bill Gates -- Heaven or Hell continued . . . "This is great!" he tells
God, "If this is Hell, I REALLY want to see Heaven!" "Fine," says
God, and off they go. Heaven is a high place in the clouds, with
angels drifting about playing harps and singing. It's very nice but
not as enticing as Hell. Bill thinks for a moment and announces his
decision. "Hmm, I think I prefer Hell." he tells God. "Fine," says
God, "As you desire." So Bill Gates is taken to Hell. Two weeks
later, God decides to check up on Bill to see how he's doing in Hell.
When God arrives in Hell, he finds Bill shackled to a wall, screaming
amongst the hot flames in a dark cave. He's being burned and tortured
by demons. "How's everything going, Bill?" God asks. Bill replies,
his voice full of anguish and disappointment, "This is awful, it's not
what I expected at all, I can't believe it. What happened to that
other place with the beaches and the beautiful women playing in the
water?" God smiles and says, "That was the screen saver."