Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Wireless disconnects constantly

Wireless disconnects constantly

=?Utf-8?B?TGluaw==?=

My wireless internet at home has full signal, but it is constantly
disconnecting. It used to say "Not Connected" but I could go online. It would
disconnect about every 10 minutes. I went out and bought a new router and now
it says "Connected", but it is still continuing to disconnect. The first
night i had it, it worked perfectly. Then the next day, it would
automatically disconnect.

=?Utf-8?B?amFubmk=?=

"Link" wrote:

> My wireless internet at home has full signal, but it is constantly
> disconnecting. It used to say "Not Connected" but I could go online. It would
> disconnect about every 10 minutes. I went out and bought a new router and now
> it says "Connected", but it is still continuing to disconnect. The first
> night i had it, it worked perfectly. Then the next day, it would
> automatically disconnect.

=?Utf-8?B?amFubmk=?=

"Link" wrote:

> My wireless internet at home has full signal, but it is constantly
> disconnecting. It used to say "Not Connected" but I could go online. It would
> disconnect about every 10 minutes. I went out and bought a new router and now
> it says "Connected", but it is still continuing to disconnect. The first
> night i had it, it worked perfectly. Then the next day, it would
> automatically disconnect.

=?Utf-8?B?amFubmk=?=

At last ! I have the identical problem and cannot find the answer anywhere
on the net so far - have you had any joy?? The router has been re-set,
channels changed , everything has the latest update and I'm running a lapto
less than 12 months old tih Windows XP SSP 2. How about you? I cannot get
through on the phone to my Acer tech support number - constantly engaged.

The dreaded red cross is now constantly appearing on the wireless icon but I
can sometimes connect in the morning only - how weird is that.......? The
'repair' facility no longer has any effect either..... Someone please help!!

Alan

Link wrote:
> My wireless internet at home has full signal, but it is constantly
> disconnecting. It used to say "Not Connected" but I could go online. It would
> disconnect about every 10 minutes. I went out and bought a new router and now
> it says "Connected", but it is still continuing to disconnect. The first
> night i had it, it worked perfectly. Then the next day, it would
> automatically disconnect.

It would certainly help to know the brand and model of the router
and how you configured it's wireless settings. E.g., are you
broadcasting the SSID? If not, turn it on; power the router off
and on and tell us what happens.

=?Utf-8?B?UGF2ZWwgQS4=?=

"Link" wrote:
> My wireless internet at home has full signal, but it is constantly
> disconnecting. It used to say "Not Connected" but I could go online. It would
> disconnect about every 10 minutes. I went out and bought a new router and now
> it says "Connected", but it is still continuing to disconnect. The first
> night i had it, it worked perfectly. Then the next day, it would
> automatically disconnect.

Unfortunately this is very hard to solve without professional instruments.
Try a. Set your Access point or router to other channel;
b. temporarily set security to none and broadcast the SSID.

--PA

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
There can few factors that cause this phenomenon.
Make sure that the Router (Access Point) SSID Broad Cast is On.
Make sure that the power saving setting in the Wireless Client Card is Off.
If the above does not help, you might have an electrical noise problem.
Noise can be caused by 2.4GHz Cordless Phones (yours or the neighbor behind
the wall), or any other appliance/instrument emitting signal around the
2.4GHz band.
May be this can further help, http://www.ezlan.net/wbars.html
Jack (MVP-Networking).

news:(E-Mail Removed)...