Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Allocating downloading allocation over wireless networking

Allocating downloading allocation over wireless networking

=?Utf-8?B?TGlzYSBUaG9tYXMtQmF0ZXM=?=

Hi

I have now set up my main computer with three laptops connected to have
access to the internet via wireless networking.

I have an allocation of 2gb (2000mb) permonth from my internet service
provider and I would like to allocate the following:

Main computer - 500mb
Laptop 1 - 600mb
Laptop 2 - 600mb
Laptop 3 - 300mb

The purpose of this is to ensure equity amongst users on downloads.

Can I do this? And if so, can anyone give me step by step instructions.

Thanks in anticipation.

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
I can not answer "how to set three computers...etc.", since you did not
provided technical information about your Internet source, and available
hardware.
As for allocation, this program might help you, http://www.netlimiter.com
You have to install it on each computer.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Lisa Thomas-Bates" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...