Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Wireless Connection stopped working

Wireless Connection stopped working

=?Utf-8?B?Umlj?=

I have a HP Pavilion zd8181 laptop with wireless enables and was working fin
up until last week. I know there is no problem with the router as friends
computer is picking up the signal. In the HP Wireless Asistant window, System
status is disabled, but the option to turn both the wireless and the
bluetooth back on is unavailable to be clicked.
Does anyone know why this might be or how to overcome this problem?

Thanks

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
There cam many reasons to a non functional Network, and we need technical
information to even start thinking about what aspect went wrong.

In General, you can debug the Network Settings of a computer by following
these steps.
Step One. Check the Network parameters in the Computer's Device Manager.
Make sure that the Network Card drivers are installed correctly; i.e. there
is No IRQ conflict, and No Ghost installation.
http://www.ezlan.net/faq#ghost
Step Two. Verify Basic network setting in the OS:
http://www.ezlan.net/Installing#verify.
If the above two Steps indicates that every thing looks good but
functionally it does not work.
Step Three. Check (and repair if necessary) the Socket Layers, Winsock, and
or refresh the TCP/IP Stack. http://www.ezlan.net/clean#refreshnet
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Ric" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a HP Pavilion zd8181 laptop with wireless enables and was working
>fin
> up until last week. I know there is no problem with the router as friends
> computer is picking up the signal. In the HP Wireless Asistant window,
> System
> status is disabled, but the option to turn both the wireless and the
> bluetooth back on is unavailable to be clicked.
> Does anyone know why this might be or how to overcome this problem?
>
> Thanks

=?Utf-8?B?SmFjaw==?=

"Ric" wrote:

> I have a HP Pavilion zd8181 laptop with wireless enables and was working fin
> up until last week. I know there is no problem with the router as friends
> computer is picking up the signal. In the HP Wireless Asistant window, System
> status is disabled, but the option to turn both the wireless and the
> bluetooth back on is unavailable to be clicked.
> Does anyone know why this might be or how to overcome this problem?
>
> Thanks

=?Utf-8?B?SmFjaw==?=

"Ric" wrote:

> I have a HP Pavilion zd8181 laptop with wireless enables and was working fin
> up until last week. I know there is no problem with the router as friends
> computer is picking up the signal. In the HP Wireless Asistant window, System
> status is disabled, but the option to turn both the wireless and the
> bluetooth back on is unavailable to be clicked.
> Does anyone know why this might be or how to overcome this problem?
>
> Thanks

Hi

It is seen that u are facing the issue with Wireless, Please Verify in BIOS
the Wlan card and Embeded Bluetooth is enabled.
Update the BIOS and Intel Pro Wireless drivers along with the intel chipset
drivers and HP wireless assistence from hp.com website
Restart the unit
Goto HP wireless assistence and Click on Turn all Devices On
U will see the difference

Thnx
Jack