Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > HELP: Can't Change my wireless router settings.

HELP: Can't Change my wireless router settings.

=?Utf-8?B?RW1pbGx1bWluYXRp?=

Hi. I have to routers. One is a Westell which I use to connect to my
Verizon DSL. This one is plugged into my network card on my pc...I don't
have a problem with this one. I have en Encore Camera hooked up to an Encore
Wireless router as an AP. I connect with this with and Encore Wireless Lan
USB adapter. That whole setup is using an 802.11g access. Now...I have
setup my connection and can see my camera. But, when I type in the suggested
IP(from my AP's router handbook)which is 192.168.1.1, it directs it right to
my Westell router. So then I tried ...0.1 and it went to the same place
again. My camera is 192.168.0.20 and when I type that in, it connects right
to my camera and I can change my settings on that just fine. How do I acces
my Encore router?
--
I feel more like I do now than I did then.

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi

I am Not familiar with your specific Hardware.

However, the Encore Wireless Router has to be configured as an Access Point.

See here, http://www.ezlan.net/router_AP.html

Some Network Cameras have a fixed IP subnet that cannot be changes. If this
is the case with your camera, you have to change the subnet of the two
Routers to match the camera.

Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Emilluminati" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi. I have to routers. One is a Westell which I use to connect to my
> Verizon DSL. This one is plugged into my network card on my pc...I don't
> have a problem with this one. I have en Encore Camera hooked up to an
> Encore
> Wireless router as an AP. I connect with this with and Encore Wireless
> Lan
> USB adapter. That whole setup is using an 802.11g access. Now...I have
> setup my connection and can see my camera. But, when I type in the
> suggested
> IP(from my AP's router handbook)which is 192.168.1.1, it directs it right
> my Westell router. So then I tried ...0.1 and it went to the same place
> again. My camera is 192.168.0.20 and when I type that in, it connects
> right
> to my camera and I can change my settings on that just fine. How do I
> acces
> my Encore router?
> --
> I feel more like I do now than I did then.

=?Utf-8?B?RW1pbGx1bWluYXRp?=

I kick myself for such an obvious answer. Thank you very much, Jack.